Trolley Shelter Program Cost and Artwork Specs
The UWF community prices below reflect the cost of printing and installation plus 10% for administration of the program.
Rates and Artwork Information
Printing/Installation Cost: $105 per poster, per month
- $210 for 2 displays of new poster designs (2 shelters minimum, 1 per shelter)
- $420 for 4 displays of new poster designs (4 shelters maximum, 1 per shelter)
- One month extension (if available) using previously printed artwork: $10 per display; $20 for 2 displays; $40 for 4 displays
- UWF expenditure guidelines prohibit use of E&G funds for rental space, supplies, and services used to promote events. Fund sources from auxiliary, student activities, concessions, athletics and some grants are allowed.
Poster Artwork Specifications:
- The quality of the artwork production supplied to Business and Auxiliary Services is the responsibility of the department or organization reserving the shelter display space.
- Adobe Creative Suite is the recommended software for designing your poster. (Available in the John C. Pace Library)
- Artwork should be a minimum of 200 dpi at exact poster size and saved as a PDF.
- Fonts should be embedded, or text should be converted to outlines.
- Poster Trim Size: 47-1/4" x 68-1/4"
This is the overall size of the poster being produced.
- Visible Opening 45" x 66-1/4"
This is the visible space of the transit shelter face. It takes the frame of the display case into account.
- Full Safety Size 42-1/2" x 64-11/16"
This is area in which you should contain all important text or logos to ensure they will be visible. Posters can shift inside the display cases.
- Keep in mind that three of the four shelter displays provide excellent exposure to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. The message and graphics should be easy to read and comprehend within five to ten seconds.
Download a copy of the Trolley Shelter Poster Specs (pdf).
A digital page set up to assist with artwork preparation (InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop format) is available. Email your request for a set up page and the format you would like to: Joy Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who would like design assistance, please see the Poster Templates web page.
Delivering Artwork: Save the finished artwork as a pdf and send to Joy Ward by the deadline date at 5pm. Monthly deadlines can be found on the 2017 Trolley Shelter Inventory Sheet (pdf). Files smaller than 16MB may be emailed to email@example.com. Files larger than 16MB can be saved to a thumb drive or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org via Google Drive or a file transfer service such as Dropbox.