Parking on Campus Overview
Any person who parks a vehicle on the UWF campus must have a University permit (or University visitor’s permit) properly displayed on their vehicle.
UWF regulates its parking facilities
Parking a vehicle on any of the University of West Florida’s campuses is a privilege that may be granted and revoked by the University. The University is authorized and reserves the right to regulate its vehicle parking facilities for the exclusive use of designated groups or individuals. All vehicles parked on campus are parked at the risk of the owner.
How parking is organized at UWF: The University manages more than thirty parking lots on the Pensacola Campus. Each lot is designated with a letter name and is available to specific user groups. Signs are posted at the entrance to each lot indicating the user designation(s). Parking spaces are marked with signs within the lot for specific user groups. For example, Lot Y is designated for resident students, marked with blue signs and is located close to Martin Hall. (See parking maps below.)
All University students and employees parking on campus must be registered with Parking Services and have their decal or hang tag properly displayed. Registration can be accomplished online via MyUWF. Visitors should stop by the Visitors Center, Bldg. 81 and pick up a temporary permit.
UWF user groups are designated as follows:
- Commuters – green permits (Visitors may park in commuter spaces if no designated visitors spaces are available.)
- Resident students – blue permits (Pace, Argo, Heritage, Presidents and Martin Hall); orange permits (Southside Halls); black permits (Village East and Village West)
- Motorcycles – brown
- Remote parking – red permits (Note: Not sold for Summer Term 2015.)
- Faculty and staff – yellow permits
- Faculty and staff reserved – purple permits
- Senior administrators – blue and green permits
- Visitors – temporary permits
- Handicapped – standard handicapped permit
For extra safety, visit the UWF Police website for Parking Lot Safety Tips.
Parking and Transportation Services, (Bldg. 91): Chip Chism, (850) 473-7711, firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking ADA Map core (PDF)
Parking ADA Map noncore (PDF)
Trolley ArgoTracker GPS app
Track the UWF campus trolleys on your computer in real time on the ArgoTracker website.
Or, download the "TransLoc" ArgoTracker app to your web-enabled cell phone from Apple (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
Once you have downloaded the app, navigate to "University of West Florida", and then view the UWF Trolleys routes, stops, and current locations.