Parking on Campus Overview
Any person who parks a vehicle on the UWF campus must have a University permit (or University visitor’s permit) properly displayed on their vehicle.
UWF regulates its parking facilities
Parking a vehicle on any of the University of West Florida’s campuses is a privilege that may be granted and revoked by the University. The University is authorized and reserves the right to regulate its vehicle parking facilities for the exclusive use of designated groups or individuals. All vehicles parked on campus are parked at the risk of the owner.
How parking is organized at UWF: The University manages more than thirty parking lots on the Pensacola Campus. Each lot is designated with a letter name and is available to specific user groups. Signs are posted at the entrance to each lot indicating the user designation(s). Parking spaces are marked with signs within the lot for specific user groups. For example, Lot Y is designated for resident students, marked with blue signs and is located close to Martin Hall. (See the 2018 Parking Map pdf.)
All University students and employees parking on campus must be registered with Parking Services and have their permit properly displayed. Registration can be accomplished online via MyUWF. Visitors should stop by the Visitors Center, Bldg. 81 and pick up a temporary permit. The Visitors Center is open weekdays from 8am to 5pm except on UWF holidays. After hours and weekends, temporary permits are available at the UWF Police office, Bldg. 94.
UWF user groups are designated as follows:
- Commuters – green permits (Visitors may park in commuter spaces if no designated visitors spaces are available.)
- Resident students – blue permits (Pace, Argo, Heritage, Presidents and Martin Hall); black permits (Village East and Village West)
- Motorcycles – brown
- Remote parking – red permits (Note: Lot SP2 only; not in core campus.)
- Faculty and staff – yellow permits
- Faculty and staff reserved – purple permits
- Senior administrators – blue and green permits
- Visitors – temporary permits
- Handicapped – standard handicapped permit
Once parked, walking on campus is encouraged. In most cases, it is possible to reach your destination with 15 minutes. See the estimate of Campus Walking Times (pdf). For extra safety, visit the UWF Police website for Parking Lot Safety Tips.
Parking Portal via MyUWF
Click the Parking image (P) to Purchase a Permit, Pay a Citation or Appeal a Citation.