All students who park on University property are required to register their vehicle and display their parking permit.
Commuter and resident parking permits
Student parking permits may be purchased online only via MyUWF. To purchase a parking permit, visit MyUWF and type "Parking Transaction Portal" into the search field. Open the app, use the "UWF Login" button then enter your UWF username and password. Select "Get Permits" from the menu and follow the prompts. You may choose to have your permit mailed to you, or select to pick it up on campus at Parking and Transportation Services, Bldg. 91. Visit purchasing a parking permit (link) in Confluence for step-by-step instructions.
2016-2017 parking permits will available for purchase in early August.
2015-2016 decal or hang tag style permits are now available for purchase. Semester permits may be purchased at 1/2 the yearly rate. Permits available to students include:
- Resident (blue, orange or black) – $145.00 yearly
- Commuter (green) – $114.00 yearly
- Motorcycle (brown) – $73.00 yearly
- Remote Lot (red) – $57.50 yearly (Not sold during Summer Term 2015.)
It is strongly recommended that all students become familiar with UWF Reg 5.001 Parking and Registration (pdf). To determine which parking lots are available for your user group, please review the Pensacola Campus Parking Map (pdf). Once parked, we encourage students to walk to their classes. Most destinations can be reached in less than 15 minutes. See estimated Campus Walking Times (pdf).
Commuter parking areas are designated by signage with the word COMM in a text box. Commuters may park in faculty/staff areas after 4:30pm and may also park in numbered, reserved spaces after 5:30pm. Resident lots and spaces never become open to other permit types. If you are a commuter, and want no parking tickets, see the Commuter Parking Map (pdf).
Resident parking is designated by residence hall and color. Permits are only valid in the specific lots as indicated:
- Students living in Pace, Argo, Heritage, Presidents and Martin Halls (blue) may park in Lots, Q, S, T, U, Y and the bottom three rows of Lot P. The top 2 rows of Lot P are for Faculty and Staff. Residents may also park in the following open lots: B, E, J, L, M, Z, EE, DD, FF and SP1. If you live in one of these resident halls, and want no parking tickets, see the Residence Halls Parking Map (pdf).
- Students living in Southside Halls (orange) may park in the specifically signed and designated resident spaces in Lots H and K. Southside residents may also park in the following open lots: B, E, J, L, M, Z, EE, DD, FF and SP1. If you live in one of these resident halls, and want no parking tickets, see the Southside Residence Hall Parking Map (pdf).
- Students living in Village East and Village West (black) may park in Lots GG and HH. Village East and Village West residents may also park in the following open lots: B, E, J, L, M, Z, EE, DD, FF and SP1. If you live in one of these resident halls, and want no parking tickets, see the Village East and West Parking Map (pdf).
- Note: After 4:30pm, residents may park in any commuter or faculty/staff space, provided the vehicle is moved and legally parked by 7:00am. The numbered reserved spaces become open after 5:30pm.
About "Remote Lot" parking permit: Students, faculty, and staff can choose the remote parking permit option at a reduced price point of $57.00. The remote parking area is Lot SP2 close to the ball fields (not in core campus). During fall and spring, the Campus Express trolley is scheduled to run to the Remote Lot parking, Target Shopping Center, and the core campus daily until 8:20pm. Keep in mind that permitted vehicles may park in commuter spaces after 4:30pm.
Temporary permits are available via MyUWF through the "Parking Transaction Portal." Visit how to print your free 14 day temporary permit (link) in Confluence for step-by-step instructions. They are also available at Parking Services (Bldg. 91) to students who may need one.
For extra safety, visit the UWF Police website for Parking Lot Safety Tips (link).