The 2015 Nautilus Card Design
The new Nautilus Card design is being phased-in as new students, faculty and staff enter the UWF community.
About the New Card Design
The new card is designed to be functional with the current card-making equipment; to avoid placing photos where the chip will be located; and to accommodate short or long names. From a branding perspective, the cards are designed to enrich UWF tradition, reflect school spirit with a dominant athletic mark.
New Nautilus Card Design Considerations
- Last update was in 2007
- Is the 4th design in UWF history
- Must comply with current UWF brand guide for logos and colors
- Includes an Athletic mark but keeps “Nautilus Card” visual connection
- Design must be able to be produced with current card making equipment
- Must allow for placement of chip and magnetic stripe, long & short names, etc.
- 12 options were created and refined based on the design considerations
- 8 options were sent to University Marketing and Communications for a branding compliance review and comments
- 4 options were presented to the UWF Extended Cabinet and SGA for review and feedback
- The design that was selected had the most positive feedback from both the Extended Cabinet and the SGA members. It was also one of two preferred by University Marketing & Communications.
The new card design is being phased-in during the Nautilus Card contactless technology transition over the next few years.
Feedback Form (to report reliability issues; webform)
General Comments or Questions (about the Pilot Program; webform)