The Division of University Advancement has a number of committees that provide staff with an opportunity to engage in an activity outside of their position environment, synergize with other division staff members, and grow personally and professionally.
The committees will also serve the division as a whole by developing opportunities for division staff to engage in community service projects, professional development workshops, mentoring new employees, assisting with implementation of staff recognition, and planning and providing occasional social activities and events for staff and their families.
- The Community Awareness and Volunteer Opportunities Committee looks for opportunities in the community wherein staff members may choose to volunteer services or participate accordingly.
- Chair: Teresa Burgess
- The Professional Development and Leadership Committee plans professional development workshop sessions featuring speakers about relevant topics for staff, such as building and developing skills in leadership, communications, professionalism, cross-cultural, staff management, mentoring and more.
- Chair: Lindsay Myers
- The New Staff Onboarding and Mentorship Committee implements the division's process for onboarding new staff members across all departments. The committee welcomes all new employees, ensures all their needs are met and coordinates mentorship connections when applicable.
- The Recognition Committee coordinates the division's employee recognition program, including the Division Awards of Distinction.
- Chair: Geri Battist
- The Social Activities and Events Committee plans and coordinates activities and events during the calendar year for staff and their families.