ATC Quality Course Program = $$$
In an effort to continually improve online and blended courses at UWF, the Academic Technology Center (ATC) provides an exciting financial incentive for faculty who teach fully-online or blended courses.
An incentive program for faculty!
ATC recognizes the time and effort faculty must commit to designing and teaching quality online/blended courses. This development effort is further increased if the course is expected to meet expectations for a Quality Matters (QM) internal or external review. To compensate faculty for their time and effort, faculty (full-time faculty and adjuncts) will receive $2000 for the successful completion of all of the following in order:
- Designing a Quality Online/Blended Course (6-week fully online course)*
- Teaching a Quality Online/Blended Course (6-week fully online course)*
- Academic department chair approval of course instructor selected for QM review
- New or revised online or blended course that successfully meets expectations of a QM internal review
*These courses should be completed in order and successful completion of both is required before pursuing the QM review.
Note: Due to changes by the State of Florida regarding extra state compensation to faculty, faculty must move through the program in the sequence listed above. By starting with the ATC online courses faculty reduce the chance that their compensation will be delayed or denied.
Is Your Course Ready for a QM Review?
Use this Preparing for a QM Review checklist Preparing for QM Review to determine if your course is ready for a review.
The Fine Print
This new incentive initiative raises equity issues for several UWF faculty members who have already completed some of the above requirements
- UWF faculty members who were awarded $500 for successfully completing an internal QM review will be eligible to receive a payment of $1500 upon successful completion of both ATC online courses by December 2013. See below for course dates.
- UWF faculty who have already completed both ATC online courses may receive $2000 if/when their new or revised online or blended course successfully completes an internal QM review.
Faculty may receive the $2000 or $1500 incentive only once. However, faculty who meet internal QM review standards for additional online or blended courses will receive a $750 payment per course.
Finally, the $1000 incentive ATC currently awards faculty for a successful “external QM review” will remain the same. Therefore, faculty completing the entire program and a successful “external” QM review will receive a total of $3000.
Any faculty member may still complete the “Quality Online Instructor Certificate” program even if they have no course to submit for a QM review.
Reserve your seat in an upcoming ATC course on the Reservation Desk in MyUWF!
Become a QM Peer Reviewer
In an effort to develop more UWF QM certified reviewers to handle the increased number of internal course reviews, ATC will increase the amount paid to QM reviewers to $300 for peer reviewer and $500 for the review chair. Please visit this site for more information on becoming a UWF QM Peer Reviewer.