Organize Files and Backup Course
UWF will move to Canvas in Fall 2018. All active courses and attached files in the Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018 terms will be migrated into Canvas for you. If you have courses that are in development, ex: a master course shell that is used to populate active courses or a development shell that you use to work on a course, these will not be migrated. Courses also not from the previously mentioned terms will not be migrated.
The first step to getting your course ready for migration by ITS or exporting for your own backup is to organize it! Here is how you do that:
Organize Course Files
- Log in to your eLearning course.
- Go to My Tools > Edit Course.
- Select File Manager
- There are options to arrange files by Name, Size, Type, and Last Modified. You can use these to find old, duplicate, or large files. Ex: by clicking on the Size option you can see which files are the largest in your course.
- If a file has a link icon next to it that means it is being used in the course. Be careful because this only applies to .HTML files. Images, video, .PDFs or other files used in the course. will not have this link icon.
- To delete a file or folder click the error to the right of the option and choose Delete.
- To delete multiple files click the checkbox next to the files you want to be deleted and then click the trash icon.
Features include a cleaner interface, easier building experience, and SpeedGrader. Students report increased satisfaction due to hypothetical grades, a superior mobile app, and simplified group work.Advantages
ATC offers training opportunities in multiple formats: text-based documentation, face-to-face sessions with an instructional designer, group training classes, Live@Lunch 1-hour webinars, and video-based training.Training Resources
ATC has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help you with the transition to Canvas. If you have questions please visit here before emailing email@example.com.F.A.Q. List
The Academic Technology Center (ATC) provides faculty support and training programs in support of excellence in online curriculum and instruction.ATC Homepage