Canvas is adopted faster and more extensively than any other LMS
- As more Florida institutions migrate to Canvas, there is an opportunity for greater inter-institutional cooperation with purchasing agreements, training, and accessibility.
- Canvas is Cloud hosted so there is no maintenance, upgrade or patch downtimes.
- Canvas has experienced a 99.997 uptime the past year with only 3 minutes of system interruptions.
- Clean Interface: Canvas is straightforward and simple, which lets the instructor’s content be the focus.
- Instructors can build courses more easily.
- SpeedGrader allows instructors to give feedback much easier.
- Students report that the Mobile App was a significant advantage and the ability to use Canvas on a smartphone or tablet scored high in the research.
- Students can view their final grade throughout the term using “the hypothetical grade” function.
- Calendar tool helps students stay organized.
Features include a cleaner interface, easier building experience, and SpeedGrader. Students report increased satisfaction due to hypothetical grades, a superior mobile app, and simplified group work.Advantages
ATC offers training opportunities in multiple formats: text-based documentation, face-to-face sessions with an instructional designer, group training classes, Live@Lunch 1-hour webinars, and video-based training.Training Resources
ATC has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help you with the transition to Canvas. If you have questions please visit here before emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.F.A.Q. List
The Academic Technology Center (ATC) provides faculty support and training programs in support of excellence in online curriculum and instruction.ATC Homepage