Mission, Vision & Values
The Division of Academic Engagement at UWF is committed to helping you succeed.
The Mission of the Division of Academic Engagement is to provide coordinated academic support services and high impact learning opportunities that promote academic success, professional development, and civic engagement.
Through participation in strategic and creative programming offered in the Division of Academic Engagement, UWF students and graduates will be prepared academically, socially, and professionally to be employable and civically engaged global citizens.
UWF's institutional values, shared by students, faculty, and staff, make the university a great place to learn and to work. UWF is committed to maintaining policies and practices and pursuing initiatives congruent with these articulated values.
- Caring - Maintaining a safe and dynamic learning and working environment that fosters the development of individual potential.
- Collaboration - Promoting a culture of supportive and cooperative interactions and communication to advance and achieve shared expectations and goals.
- Inclusiveness - Welcoming, respecting, and celebrating the ways in which people and ideas are different and the ways in which they are similar.
- Innovation - Exploring, expanding, and enhancing learning and knowledge through transforming experiences.
- Integrity - Doing the right thing for the right reason.
- Quality - Committing to uncompromising excellence.
- Relevance - Adding value to enrich the personal and community lives of stakeholders.