$Id: index.html 870 2012-06-09 15:25:36Z nwilde $
RECON4 is a free toolset to
help Software Engineers in
understanding and debugging computer programs. It is useful in software
maintenance or enhancements, in reusing a program or
a class library, and in general in any circumstance in which the
Software Engineer needs to understand and make use of unfamiliar code.
is a product of the:
Dennis Edwards, Sharon Simmons,
Some parts of RECON4 are still currently under development, but the key
TraceGraph 4 tool for Software
Reconnaissance is now available.
RECON4 / TraceGraph 4 Overview
- Introduction and overview of the RECON4 tool set and
of tool requirements.
- Software Reconnaissance
- The Software Reconnaissance technique for locating
code you need to understand, enhance, or fix.
- Using TraceGraph 4
- Tutorial and examples of how to use TraceGraph 4, both alone and
with Klocwork or with the Eclipse IDE.
- Notes on using TraceGraph with different instrumentors. (Page under development)
- Download a Copy
- Download a free JAR'ed copy including documentation
and source code.
- Design and javadoc code documentation, of use if you are
considering enhancing or adapting RECON4.(Page under development)
- Our Certificate
- Our certificate used in signing JAR files. Here is some information on opening
JAR files and on the degree of security they provide.
- Some of the agencies, companies and individuals who have
contributed to the development of the toolset.
- Copyright and Disclaimer of Warranty
- Please read our generous Copyright
Disclaimer of Warranty before downloading
using RECON4. In using RECON4 you accept its terms.
Email suggestions or questions to: