Request to Add or Change an App
All listings should adhere to the MyUWF App Guidelines provided below.
New App Request
Request the addition of an app managed by your department.
App Change Request
Request a change to an app managed by your department.
Featuring an App
Request to Feature an App
Featured apps appear on the home page and are highlighted in the A-Z list (for users with role(s) that have permission to access the app).
- Features should be requested at least one week in advance of the feature start date.
- Features do not typically run longer than one week. Exceptions will be made at the discretion of the MyUWF administrator based on the importance of the feature.
- Features should be timely. For example, "Grades" should only be featured when grades are posted.
- Features that recur more than once a semester or only affect a small group of users will not appear on the Home page; however, they will appear in yellow and can display a custom description during the feature period.
MyUWF App Guidelines
MyUWF apps enable someone to do something. Apps are typically online applications or forms. Major services that are offered at a physical location rather than an Internet location may be represented by a single listing that describes the service.
- Online applications.
- Forms - web forms and printable forms.
- Webpages that describes a major service offered at physical location (ex. Writing Lab, HLS facility).
- Informational links.
- Multiple listings for a single form in different formats (ex. PDF and excel). (However, it is acceptable to list a single webpage that contains links to the form in different formats.)
- Form instructions listed separately from the form itself.
- Any links that are temporary in duration.
- App Name: Names typically begin with a noun. The first word should make the service easy to find in the A-Z list. For example, "Leave Report" is better than "Submit a Leave Report."
- Description: Descriptions should be brief and the most important information should appear at the beginning. Descriptions will be cut off based on the user's screen size.
- Collections: Collections are typically created only for (1) groups of apps that are used by a large percentage of users, or (2) a set of apps that should be favorited as a set rather than individually.
- Roles: Apps should only be listed for the roles (student, instructor, etc.) that need access to the app.
- Keywords: Keywords autofill in the MyUWF search; therefore, keywords should be highly relevant.
- Custom Icons: Custom icons will only be added for (1) apps used by a large percentage of users, and (2) apps that have a recognizable icon.
- Apps and collections that appear on the Home page by default will be selected by the portal administrator based on (1) how often they are used, and (2) how important it is that they be used.
These are general guidelines that do not cover all scenarios. The portal administrator will make the final decision on the appropriateness of app listings and reserves the right to modify listings.