New Graduate Student Orientation
The University of West Florida Graduate School’s orientation for new graduate students takes place at the start of each semester. The orientation will provide you with an overview of University services and extracurricular opportunities and an understanding of what to expect academically and financially as a new UWF graduate student.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to hear from current graduate students, the Graduate Student Association, other campus organizations, as well as receive information about your nautilus card and how to purchase textbooks and parking permits.
The platform allows you to attend the orientation 100% online, at your own convenience.
Spring 2016 New Graduate Student Orientation Now Open
Notification emails will be sent when the orientation is live.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Graduate School if you have any questions or concerns regarding the graduate orientation.
Other orientation opportunities
The Graduate School's New Graduate Student Orientation is geared toward students in all graduate programs. Some academic departments also offer program-specific orientations; check with your academic department for more information.
Orientation Log-In Guide
MyUWF Activation Instructions
Students will use their MyUWF account to log-in to the online orientation platform.
1) If you haven't already done so, please activate your MyUWF account and obtain your username and password:
a) Go to the MyUWF log-in web page at https://my.uwf.edu/
b) Click on the app titled "Activate Your Account-New to UWF".
MyUWF Log-In Instruction
1) Once you have successfully logged-in to MyUWF, find the search bar at the top of the screen. Type "Graduate Student Orientation" into the search bar and click the search button.
2) Click on the app titled "Graduate Student Orientation."
Orientation System Preferences
The virtual orientation experience is a combination of audio, video, photographs, computer graphics, and text. To help create a faster, richer experience, please check the system requirements below to see if your device is compatible:
1) It is recommended that you use a laptop or desktop computer with a Windows or MacIntosh OS X v10.5 operating system. The platform does not support tablets or mobile devices.
2) To use the system effectively, please download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
3) Please make sure that your computer's speakers or headphones are turned on and working properly, as the majority of the orientation content is video based.
4) You will need to download and install an appropriate browser: Windows: Mozilla Firefox | Internet Explorer/ Macintosh: Safari | Mozilla Firefox.