Social Work, M.S.W.
The M.S.W. prepares students for ethical, competent, independent social work practice. The program focus is Clinical/Community Practice with individuals, families, groups and communities. The M.S.W. program of study is designed to meet the course requirements of those students who wish to pursue a clinical social work license in Florida and to meet the diverse needs of the local community (e.g., rural, small town, metropolitan and economically disadvantaged service areas).
This 30 semester hour program is available for those students who enter the program with a B.S.W. from a CSWE accredited program within seven years of graduation.
This full-time, 60 semester hour program is designed to be completed in five semesters.
This part-time, 60 semester hour program is designed to be completed in seven semesters.
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Graduate Admissions section of the catalog, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the criteria listed below are used to assess the potential success of each applicant.
• Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
• Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
• Submission of one of the following graduate admission test scores: GRE or MAT
• Undergraduate cumulative GPA
• Academic preparation as demonstrated by quality and relevance of undergraduate degree major
• Submission of a personal statement using the required Social Work Personal Statement form
• Submission of three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant's ability to succeed in a graduate program (Advanced Standing applicants must include one recommendation form from a supervisor who provided supervision during their 400-hour senior field placement)
• Submission of the MSW Criminal History Form
• Submission of a copy of final evaluation (only required for Advanced Standing applicants who received their undergraduate social work degree from an institution other than UWF)
• Work experience as documented in the MSW Program Application
FULL-TIME Fall: February 1*