Mission, Vision and Values
Student Health Services’ role is to advance UWF’s mission, vision and priorities by providing high-quality health care, education and preventive services to a diverse student population from a variety of lived experiences. As medical professionals, we educate and motivate students to become full participants in their own health while supporting and promoting academic success and personal development.
To have the best student health services in Northwest Florida, to be known for excellence in all that we do, and to provide culturally competent care to a diverse student population.
- Quality: Student Health Services (SHS) will provide safe, quality health care, education, and prevention services to students of the University of West Florida.
- Integrity: SHS will provide care that is ethical and treat all patients and patient information entrusted to us with respect and confidentiality.
- Collaboration: SHS will collaborate with other disciplines within the University and in the community at large to provide the highest quality of care to meet students' health care needs.
- Respect: The staff of SHS respects the diversity of the student population it serves. Culturally competent care is provided to everyone regardless of age, race, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religious beliefs, cultural beliefs or practices, sexual orientation, lifestyle, class, personal attributes, or disability. Staff will also respect each other's differences and work as a team in the best interests of the population we serve to accomplish our mission.
- Community: The staff of SHS will, as part of the University community, actively participate in the Division of Student Affairs to support the University's goals and mission.
- Stewardship: The staff of SHS will provide high quality health care while demonstrating fiscal responsibility and cost-effectiveness.
- Service: The staff of SHS is committed to a culture of service to patients, the clinic, each other, and the UWF community.