Society of Physics Students
The Society of Physics Students at the University of West Florida consists primarily of physics majors, interested in physics research and other fun stuff associated with physics. Membership is open to accept anyone interested. The membership is just $24 annually, and for this price, in addition to membership, you get
- Physics Today (monthly).
- The SPS Observer (quarterly).
- Journal of Undergraduate Research in Physics (online).
- Access to the SPS Jobs site and Careers Using Physics (CUP) website
- Eligibility for SPS scholarships, internships, research & travel grants, fellowships and other awards.
- Information and announcements about regional, national and international SPS meetings.
- Information and announcements about SPS research sessions at professional society meetings.
- Free membership with two AIP Member Societies for undergraduates only, for up to three years.
American Women in Science
AWIS is a national advocacy organization championing the interests of women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics across all disciplines and employment sectors. By breaking down barriers and creating opportunities, AWIS strives to ensure that women in these fields can achieve their full potential.
Future Physicists of Florida
FPF is an organization dedicated to encouraging middle and high school students to prepare for college majors in physics and physics-related fields like engineering.Visit the FPF Facebook Page