Earth and Environmental Sciences
Earth and Environmental Sciences students will find excellent opportunities to explore contemporary environmental issues and participate in scientific research with departmental faculty; whether in excellent facilities or in the current Gulf Coast environmental field laboratories.
A Glance at the Program
- Consists of a multidisciplinary approach that combines natural science and research management
- Students learn to analyze physical and socio-economic environments and to reach decisions concerning environmental use and management
- Offers a core curriculum that is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in the earth and environmental sciences, as well as in the modern methods and techniques used by scientists and environmental professionals
- Techniques include cartography, remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS), spatial statistics, and environmental sampling and surveying
- Classes generally host 25-35 students, while labs consist of 15-20 students.