How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the University of West Florida Environmental Studies Graduate Program. Below we have listed the documents necessary in the application process. Please consult the Graduate School Admissions webpage for full details. Click on the green button below to start the application process. Please contact the Graduate School (850) 473-7716 or toll free (866) 931-4872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application process.
- One official transcript from every college and university attended. Transcripts of work completed at UWF will be obtained by Graduate Admissions.
- Official GRE scores. The Department of Environmental Studies requires that official GRE scores be submitted. The GRE scores are considered official only when they are sent directly to the Graduate School, Attention: Graduate Admissions, from the Educational Testing Service in Princeton, New Jersey. Student copies are not considered official. Verbal and quantitative GRE scores are required for all graduate applications for the Environmental Science Master's program regardless of academic qualifications.
- A formal letter of interest, background, and professional goals, including a preference for the thesis or non-thesis track. Applicants for the thesis track are encouraged to contact departmental faculty in their field of interest before applying to secure availability of a thesis advisor.
- Three letters of recommendation by individuals in professionally relevant fields.
- A current curriculum vitae.
Upon the submission of a completed application, it will be reviewed by the departmental graduate program committee. If all requirements are met a decision is usually made within four weeks after the application deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that almost all financial support from the department is awarded to applications received by the deadline.
- Spring - November 1
- Fall - April 1