Undergraduate Admission Requirements
We are excited about your interest in our programs! Below are the steps to follow for admission to the Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership (TEEL). Please note that admission to TEEL is provisional, so that we can carefully monitor student progress through the teacher education programs.
Requirements for Prospective Teacher Education Candidates
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 in all previously attempted college work.
- Passing scores on all sections of the FTCE General Knowledge exam.
Steps for Admission
- Apply and be admitted to the University of West Florida
- During your first semester of coursework in Teacher Education:
- Complete the Application for Admission and included Professional Education Applicant Self-Rating Scale to the Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership found in Tk20 (You will have to purchase Tk20 either directly from the vendor or through the UWF bookstore. Tk20 is a software program used throughout Teacher Education program coursework and for applying to future field experiences in your course of study).
- Attend Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership orientation (face to face or online).
All students must complete the provisional admission process as listed by the end of the first semester of attendance at UWF's Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership. Those students who do not complete the provisional admission process by the end of the first semester may be denied further registration and an enrollment hold will be placed on any future enrollment in education courses. The hold may be removed when the student has completed the admission process.
Students must also maintain these standards to ensure the continuation of provisional admission and continued registration. Students who fail to meet these standards may be removed from teacher education.
View the Teacher Education Student Services Introduction video on YouTube to “meet” the advising staff!
If you have any questions please contact Teacher Education Student Services (TESS):
Ms. Calandra Jackson
Phone: (850) 857-6306