Software Engineering Administration
The MSA with specialization in Software Engineering Administration is an interdisciplinary degree offered entirely online and is designed to prepare students for leadership roles in organizations of diverse domains that develop and maintain software systems for research, commercial, and internal use. Coursework also prepares students for admission to doctoral programs and professional schools.
For more information on core and specialization requirements, please visit the Online UWF Catalog.
Note: Some specialization courses require experience with a modern object-oriented programming language.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and discuss principles of organizational behavior and apply these concepts to the software engineering domain
- Apply concepts and analytical skills to policy and administrative decisions within an organization and analyze what constitutes organizational effectiveness
- Work with users and customers to determine needs and analyze requirements for a software application
- Apply good software engineering process to manage a team charged with the design, implementation and testing of a software application
- Determine needs, analyze requirements, design, implement, and test a software application within an application
- Identify and define factors that tend to increase or alleviate conflict within a group and apply knowledge of these factors to an analysis of a software project
- Discuss principles and current issues related to leadership and management of software development teams
- Present an applied research question or problem that is relevant to a field or discipline
- GRE score prior to admission
- A letter of intent
- Three letters of professional reference
The university's graduate admissions requirements can be found in the Online UWF Catalog.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions, then check out our Frequently Asked Questions section.
Computer Science Advisor
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway, Building 4, Room 225
Pensacola, FL 32514
Phone: (850) 857-6359