Frequently Asked Questions

The following information answers the most frequent questions asked about the MSA Program at UWF.

Is the program completely online?

The program is 100% online, which allows you to earn your degree anytime and anywhere. It offers online E-coaches and ITS Help Desk technical support. Faculty members are also available to provide online guidance.

What kind of online resources are available to teach me about the university and its online programs?

The University of West Florida Online Campus has several online resources available to students. Also, peruse the University of West Florida’s home page to familiarize yourself with what university information is available to you online.

How do I find out which courses are being offered next semester?

You may I search for UWF classes through the main UWF Course Search.

How will the curriculum prepare me for professional leadership and administration?

The MSA core curriculum (12 hours) provides a solid foundation in areas such as organizational behavior, marketing, finance, E-Business, and economics. This firm foundation prepares you to assume administrative positions in general settings while your chosen specialization prepares you for management and leadership in a specific field.

Admissions Questions

What are the general requirements for admission?

Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. In addition to general university minimum standards of admissions to graduate study, some specializations may have additional requirements. International students must take an English proficiency test and submit passing scores according to University standards.

What is the Graduate Admission Test Requirement?

A graduate admission test is required for all graduate programs. The University of West Florida accepts the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT), or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Each MSA specialization indicates which test is acceptable to that particular department. Provisional admission may be granted to students who are admitted to a specialization without taking a graduate admission test, but the test must then be completed within the first semester of enrollment.

Who can answer my questions regarding graduate admissions?

You may contact the Graduate School for any questions you may have regarding graduate admissions.

Phone: (850) 473-7716 or toll-free at (866) 931-4872

Where do I apply?

Apply for graduate admission online with the UWF Graduate School.

Where do I send my college transcripts and graduate admission test scores?

UWF Graduate School
Attention: Graduate Admissions
11000 University Parkway
Building 11
Pensacola, FL 32514

After you receive all of my materials, how long will it take to hear back from you?

Once we receive your application and related documents (e.g. transcripts, test scores) we begin reviewing your materials.

Although we have a flexible admission application deadline, it is best to have your application and documents in at least 12 weeks prior to the beginning of the semester that you want to begin classes. The application processes varies by department, but usually requires a minimum of 3 weeks once all documents are received.

What is MyUWF?

MyUWF (the UWF web portal) is a secure personalized student information system. MyUWF is designed for all currently enrolled UWF students and is available 24 hours a day (except for routine maintenance) from any computer with Internet access and browser software (e.g., Internet Explorer). Students are required to have an activated MyUWF account to access secured services.

Information available through MyUWF includes:

General Information:

  • View and change your student mailing address
  • View any holds placed on your records
  • Restrict access to all or a portion of your Student Directory Information (see "Privacy")
  • Access your ArgoNet Account information
  • Order a transcript

Enrollment Information:

  • Register for courses, drop/add, or withdraw from a class
  • View your class schedule
  • Request an Enrollment Certification or VA Enrollment Certification
  • Check your grades, request current grade mailer, and view your academic information
  • Search course offerings

Financial Information:

  • Check your fee account balance, the date fees are due, and pay fees by credit card
  • View your financial aid account, fees, and payments
  • Check your financial aid status and view the amount and type of award
  • Verify your mailing address for financial aid

Students are encouraged to check the Announcements section of MyUWF for new services and features, and to check the Calendar for upcoming University events.
All students should review their registration checklist on MyUWF prior to registration dates.

How do I get to MyUWF?

You may access MyUWF from any UWF page, or at To protect your personal information you should exit MyUWF by clicking the "Log Out" icon at the top of the page. Twenty-four hours after your first registration, you should log on to MyUWF. MyUWF will serve as your internet access to on-line information throughout your educational career at UWF.

eLearning/Desire to Learn

How do I log-in to Elearning (Desire2Learn)?

You may login directly at, or go to MyUWF and sign in with you user name and password (in MyUWF, click on the "My Info Tab" and refer to the eLearning box).

Tuition, Scholarship, and Assistantship Questions

I live outside of Florida. How do I apply for a tuition waiver to receive in-state tuition?

Students living outside of Florida may receive in-state tuition by applying for an online tuition waiver each semester. Information and instructions for tuition waivers are available on the UWF Online Campus website. To apply for a tuition waiver, please fill out the UWF Online Campus Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Form.

Where can I find a list of available scholarships or graduate assistantships?

Scholarships, Graduate Assistantships, Research Assistantships, and Teaching Assistantships are available through the Department which houses your MSA specialization. Please contact the MSA Coordinator in your department for more information. The Office of Financial Aid also has information about university, state, and private scholarships. Additional scholarships and assistantships may also be available through the UWF Graduate School.