HLES - Exercise Science
The Exercise Science specialization (B.S. Health, Leisure, & Exercise Science) is designed for students interested in a career in the fitness industry or as preparation for graduate studies (including physical therapy, occupational therapy, medical school, etc.) and is endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
Students completing the degree requirements in this field of study are prepared to sit for numerous professional certifications offered by professional organizations (American College of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association, American Council on Exercise, etc.). For more specific information, visit the UWF Catalog.
- ES Exercise Science Internship Application Packet (PDF)
- ES Internship Evaluation Form (PDF)
- ES Internship Guidelines for Completion of Final Report (PDF)
Please note: You cannot register yourself for an internship or field experience. After your paperwork has been turned in and approved, the HLES Office will register you.
Other Related Links:
- Academic Learning Compact: Exercise-Science-Physical-Ed-Athletic-Training-Sport-Management-ALC (PDF)
- Curriculum Map: Health-Leisure-Exercise-Science-(CMUG) (PDF)
- Transient Student Information
- Premier Health & Fitness Resources
- ES Academic Learning Compact (PDF)
- ES Directed Study/Field Study Form (PDF)
- Aerobics/Group Exercise Instructor
- Exercise Physiologist
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Personal Fitness Instructor
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Aging Studies
Dr. Ludmila Cosio-Lima
Office: Building 72 Room 220