Education & Training Management Subspecialty (ETMS)
Providing leadership in education and training... Rated the 4th BEST BUY in online Masters of Management or Administration in the U.S., based on quality and affordability, our ETMS program is designed for military officers and others interested in working in education and training in the military, business, and industry.
Individuals who pursue an ETMS degree enhance their skills in managing and supporting education and training systems. Students in the ETMS receive a broad overview of the many issues involved in working with education and training systems and stakeholders. Students can tailor their program of study to focus on specific skills, knowledge, and abilities that they will need to meet their future career goals. In addition to the general ETMS program, two specializations, Instructional Technology and Human Performance Technology can be pursued. Courses in Public Administration and Leadership are also available.
- ETMS Students
- Our students come from diverse backgrounds, and bring diverse experiences with them:
- Active Duty Military
- Retired Military
- Military Contractors
- HR Professionals
- Instructional Developers
- HPT Consultants
The Ten ETMS Competencies
This program is aligned to ten competencies, providing a broad perspective of education and training in a variety of settings.
- Basic Management Principles
- Education and Training Organization/Operation
- Planning, Programming, Statistical, and Budgeting Systems
- Principles and Application of Instructional Systems Development
- Personnel/Manpower Management
- Education/Training Psychology
- Education/Training Research and Development Processes, Policies, and Procedures
- Application of Computer and Web-Based Technology to Education
- Contract Administration
- Existing and Conceptual Systems
Students, with support from their advisor, select electives for a minimum of 36 semester hours. A technology showcase, internship, or comprehensive examination is required as a capstone experience.
Course Delivery Options
Two ETMS specializations are available completely online: ETMS-IT and ETMS-HPT. Other specializations may be completed with a combination of online and face-to-face, depending on the courses selected. Contact your advisor for information.
ETMS Career Opportunities
Graduates of our ETMS programs have a wide range of career options:
- Training director in military or industry
- Instructional designer/developer
- Human resource professional
- Performance improvement consultant
- K-12 technology coordinator
- Corporate training specialist
- Training consultant
- Junior college instructor
- Instructional development project manager