CORAL Center Projects
The CORAL Center at the University of West Florida works on multiple, community-based research projects in the local region.
Early Reading Intervention Program Evaluation Study
- Description: Four–year evaluation of Santa Rosa Schools’ Early Reading Intervention Program, August 2008 – August 2012.
- Location: Santa Rosa County, FL
Aug. 2009–July 2012
National Science Foundation Department of Undergraduate Education ATE
- Description: Assessment Development and Project Evaluation for Collaborative Project: ATE SM Using GIS with Real–Time Water Quality Assessment to Guide Scientific Inquiry and Learning in the Community College Environmental Studies Program.
- Location: Okaloosa Walton Community College
Aug. 2009–July 2011
Santa Rosa County School District Elementary Mathematics Intervention Project
- Description: Perform quasi–experimental research study of early math intervention model.
- Location: Santa Rosa County Elementary Schools
Oct. 2009–July 2010
Evaluation of the Escambia County Schools CCLC Program
- Description: Evaluate 21st Century Learning Communities, complete data analysis and evaluation reports monthly for Linking Arms and present final report to Tallahassee in July 2010.
- Location: Linking Arms, Inc. and Escambia School District (Montclair Elementary School)
Oct. 2009–March 2010
Embry Riddle Graduates Follow–up Assessment Study
- Description: Develop and perform survey of last five years of graduates from the Embry Riddle Aeronautical Career Academy
- Location: Okaloosa High School Career Academy.
- UWF Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) Grant
- Research Partnership Program (RPP) Initiative with Workforce Escarosa
- CORAL Center Evaluation (Pensacola, FL)
- Born Learning (United Way, Pensacola, FL)
- Catholic Diocese of Pensacola (Pensacola, FL)
- Pathways for Change (Pensacola, FL)
- Alternative Certification Programs for Teachers (University of West Florida)
- Escambia Westgate School (Pensacola, FL) — 2 studies
- Independent Living for the Blind (Pensacola, FL)
- Professional Development Speakers Program with UWF ICL (Pensacola, FL)
- Baldwin County Schools (Baldwin County, AL) — 2 studies
- Oceanography Education Study for the Navy (Biloxi, MS)
- Santa Rosa County School District (Navarre Elementary in Navarre, FL)
- UWF Teacher Alternative Certification Program Study (Pensacola, FL)