How do I come back to UWF after being suspended for academic reasons?
- Contact your departmental academic advisor to discuss your plans and make an appointment to meet.
- Write a letter to the Chairperson, CEPS Academic Standards Committee that includes the following:
- The causes of the academic problems leading to your suspension;Your actions to improve your chances of success at the University;
- Your plans to ensure that you will complete your degree;
- Why you should be allowed to return to your studies; and
- Your UWF identification number (not Social Security Number) and mailing address to which we should send correspondence.
Note: This letter is very important and should be well written - free of grammatical errors and misspelled words - and address all of the points listed above.
- Make an appointment and meet with your academic advisor in person to provide your letter and discuss your situation and possible restrictions and recommendations for your first semester back at UWF.
- Make an appointment and meet with the Chairperson of your academic department.
- You then have to wait while the following occur:
- Your letter and recommendations are forwarded to the Academic Standards Committee which consists of faculty members from all departments in the College.
- The committee reviews your letter and the recommendations provided by your advisor and chairperson.
- The committee forwards its recommendation to the Dean of the College.
- The Dean will review the recommendations and make a decision.
- If the dean approves your reinstatement to the University, the staff will notify the Office of the Registrar who will then make the necessary entries on the student record system.
- You will be sent a letter informing you of the Dean's decision.
Some other important items:
- You need to allow time to write your letter, meet with your advisor and chairperson, and give them time to process your request before the deadline. Doing this at the last minute does not make a good impression about your ability to be successful if you are reinstated. Deadlines are:
- Fall 2014 — Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- Spring 2015 — Monday, November 3, 2014
- Summer 2015 — Monday, April 6, 2015
- Fall 2015 — Tuesday, July 7, 2015
- If you have not attended UWF within the last three semesters, you will need to apply for readmission through the Office of Admissions. See the UWF Admissions Returning Students page for details. You need to start this process, but you will not be readmitted until after you are reinstated.
- Check your Argus account and ensure that all other holds have been cleared. Failure to do this while you are waiting for your reinstatement process to be completed will only delay your registering.
- The Dean's Office Point of Contact is Dr. Bob Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-474-3311).