Academy of Senior Professionals
Created by The University of West Florida to recognize and capitalize on the interests and expertise of senior professionals living in the Pensacola area, the Academy of Senior Professionals comprises talented senior individuals who want to volunteer their time, pursue their interests, and share their expertise and experience while also making positive contributions to the community and the University.
These contributions include promoting closer ties with the community and participating in problem solving and other activities of benefit to the University and the community in which they live.
Projects in which Academy members have participated include:
- Mentoring for UWF Honors Program students,
- Conducting mock employment interviews,
- Policy reviews,
- Facilities reviews,
- Continuity of operations review,
- Grant proposal consultations,
- American Cancer Society patient transportation studies,
- Junior Achievement instruction,
- Small business consultations,
- Marketing plan development, and
- ASP Speakers Bureau.
Current membership includes senior professionals from fields such as:
- Aerospace avionics systems,
- Communications and public relations,
- Computer and information services,
- Environmental science,
- Financial services,
- Higher education,
- Museum administration, and
- Public school teaching.