Online Career Training and Skill Development
UWF Continuing Education understands that learning new skills increases opportunities for professional and personal success. Our online courses provide a flexible learning environment that fits into busy schedules.
Instructor-Led Skill Development Online Courses
Find the perfect six-week course to fit your needs. Acquire valuable knowledge at your own convenience through well-crafted lessons, expert instruction and interaction with fellow students. New sessions of each six-week course starts monthly, with two lessons released weekly. Each course includes comprehensive lessons, quizzes, assignments and a discussion area.
Popular course titles include: Creating Web Pages, Business and Marketing Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Accounting Fundamentals, Speed Spanish and Grant Writing.
Online Course Series and Suites
Instructor-Led Course Series and Suites allow you to take multiple courses at a discounted price while gaining an in-depth understanding of the subject area. Series courses are set in a specific order with skills that build as you continue through each course. Suites are category selections of courses that can be taken in any order. Below are some of the many series and suites to choose from:
Popular Course Series
- Accounting Fundamentals Series: If you’re interested in increasing your financial awareness while also gaining a marketable skill, this series of courses is perfect for you. Register >
- Supervision and Management Series: Whether you’re new to managing employees or are a seasoned pro, these courses will help you brush up on your leadership and interpersonal communications skills, to help you lean your team to success. Register >
Popular Course Suites
- Microsoft Office 2016 Value Suite: Learn to use the basic features of Microsoft Word 2016, Microsoft Excel 2016, and Microsoft PowerPoint 2016, three of the most fundamental software programs used in educational and professional settings. Register >
- Project Management Suite: Learn the fundamentals of project management in this discounted suite of online courses. HTML and CSS Series Learn to use CSS3 and HTML5 to create professional-quality websites for desktops and mobile devices. Register >
- Computer Networking Suite: Learn the fundamentals of networking and prepare for a career in an exciting and fast-growing field. Register >
- Supply Chain Suite: Discover and master the fundamentals of purchasing by understanding your strategic and tactical roles as a purchasing practitioner. Register >
- Grant Writing Suite: Learn everything you need to know to start writing grant proposals and consult or volunteer for non-profit, public foundations. Register >
- Leadership Suite: Leading a team requires a unique ability to manage teams, make decisions, and work with a variety of personalities. Learn all of these skills in the Leadership Suite. Register >
Online Career Training Programs
Acquire career training for some of today’s most in-demand professions with an online comprehensive, affordable, and self-paced program. Begin at any time and learn at your own pace. Upon completion of required coursework, students will receive a Certification of Completion.
View the full career training program online catalog.
Online management training and business skills programs can help you enter a new career field or advance your current skillset. Select programs even prepare you for industry-recognized certifications. View programs >
Prepare for a career in software development or web development with online programming courses and programs. Programs include sought after programming languages, like Java, C#, and HTML5. View programs >
Construction and Trades
The convenience of online construction training allows you to learn new concepts and skills at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. View programs >
Healthcare and Fitness
Whether you’re seeking a career in the health sector or want to earn a fitness certification, these online training programs can help you start or advance a rewarding career in helping people lead healthier lives. View programs >
Hospitality and Service Industry
Making a career out of helping others can be incredibly rewarding. Whether you want to be a travel agent, a wedding planner, or even a pastry artist, these online hospitality training programs can help you get started. View programs >
Start your career in IT with foundational understanding of the industry. If you’re an advanced professional, prepare for in-demand IT certifications, to advance your career. View programs >
Media and Design
Online graphic design and web design programs make it easy for you to learn new skills or transition to a new career. View programs >
Sustainable Energy and Going Green
Thousands of new "green jobs" being created in the US make now the perfect time to learn skills for this exciting industry. View programs >
University of West Florida Continuing Education partners with ed2go to provide a variety of noncredit online courses.