SQL Server 2012
As businesses continue to rally for data-driven decision making, employees with database knowledge are in high demand. This program will prepare you for database administration and development, learning the standards set forth to manage SQL Server 2012.
Upon completion of the program, you will be given vouchers to take three Microsoft™ certifying exams.
What Will I Learn?
As you work towards preparing for your MCSA: SQL Server 2012, you will learn how to create database objects, constraints, and alter DML triggers.
You’ll learn to query and modify data, as well as how to work with functions. To further your expertise, you will also explore troubleshooting and optimizing SQL Server 2012 and the steps to install, manage, and maintain SQL servers.
This program will round out your knowledge by teaching design and implementation of a data warehouse and deployment of SSIS solutions.
To gain further understanding, you will learn to install, configure, and manage SQL Server 2012 with virtual, hands-on labs that give step-by-step instructions.
Possible Careers Include:
Business Intelligence Analyst
Computer Systems Analyst
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): SQL Server 2012 program will teach you how to create database objects, like tables and design views. It will also teach you how to create and modify constraints, and create and alter DML triggers.
You will learn to query data using select statements, implement sub-queries and data types, aggregate queries, and manage XML data. Modify data by creating and altering stored procedures, using statements like insert, update, and delete, combining datasets, and working with functions. Finally, troubleshoot and optimize SQL Server 2012 by optimizing queries, managing transactions, evaluating row-based operations, and implementing error handling.
Learn the steps involved in installing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining SQL Servers. You will also explore maintenance and management of the SQL server network and application.
Learn how to design and implement a data warehouse, extract and transform data, load data, configure and deploy SSIS solutions, and build data-quality solutions.
Upon registering, you are given an initial twelve (12) months to complete the program. Should you need more time beyond the twelve (12) months, an extension of six (6) months is available with a fee of $325.
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Intro
- T-SQL and Stored Procedures
- Install SQL Management Studio and Database
- T-SQL Overview
- T-SQL Queries
- Create Stored Procedures
- Querying SQL Server 2012
- Select, Data Types, Subqueries, Data Sets, and Aggregates
- Query Data Using Select
- Implement Data Types
- Filter and Sort Data
- Implement Subqueries
- Combine Datasets
- Set Operators
- Implementing Aggregates
- XML Data, Tables and Views
- Using XML and T-SQL
- Create Tables
- Alter Tables
- Table Constraints
- Alter Views with T-SQL
- Design Views
- Modify Data, Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions
- Create, Modify and Alter Data
- Implement Error Handling
- Create Stored and Procedures
- Alter Stored Procedures
- Work and Functions
- Optimize Queries
- Row-Based vs. Set-Based Operations
- Advanced Optimization and Full-Text
- Install Server 2008
- Configure a VM Environment
- Explore Advanced Optimization
Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Install and Configure SQL Server 2012
- Plan Installation
- Install SQL and Its Services
- Migrate Data
- Configure SQL Components
- Manage SQL Agent
- Maintain Instances and Databases
- Manage and Configure Databases
- Configure SQL Server Instances
- Implement a SQL Server Clustered Instance
- Manage SQL Server Instances
- Optimize and Troubleshoot
- Identify and Resolve Concurrency Problems
- Collect and Analyze Troubleshooting Data
- Audit SQL Server Instances
- Manage Data
- Configure and Maintain a Backup Strategy
- Restore Databases
- Implement and Maintain Indexes
- Import and Export Data
- Implement Security
- Manage Logins and Server Roles
- Manage Database Permissions
- Manage Users and Database Roles
- Troubleshoot Security
- Implement High Availability
- Implement AlwaysOn
- Implement Database Mirroring
Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Dimensions and Fact Tables
- Install Server 2008 R2
- Install SQL Server Enterprise
- Design and Implement Dimensions
- Design and Implement Fact Tables
- Star and Snowflake
- Containers and Tasks
- Conforming and Non-Conforming Dimensions
- Time Dimensions
- SSIS / Connection Managers
- Design Control Flow
- Face and Dimension Granularity
- Precedence Constraints
- Data Flow, Variables and Parameters, Package Logic
- Designing Data Flow
- Implementing Data Flow
- Data Sources and Destinations
- Splitting the Flow
- Variables and Parameters
- Package Logic
- Data Loading Options
- Change Data Capture
- Change Tracking
- Error Rows
- Checkpoints and Transactions
- Event Handlers
- Logging and SSIS
- SSIS Solutions
- Managing SSIS Package Execution
- SSIS Security
- Troubleshooting, Debugging and Data Quality
- Installing and Maintaining Data Quality Service
- Implementing Data Quality Services
- Use the Data Profiling Task
- Scripting and Master Data Services
- Implement Script Tasks
- Implement Script Components
- Implement Master Data Services
- Master Data Security
- MSDS Add-Ins for Excel
- Fuzzy Transformations
- Fuzzy Transformations
- Identity Mapping and De-Duplicating
This program can be taken on a Mac or a PC. On a PC, it is compatible with Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
On a Mac, the program is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and later operating systems, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari 5.1.9 or later browsers.
We highly recommend that you use Chrome and Firefox in place of other web browsers.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
To complete the labs, you must install and configure VirtualBox (instructions provided in program):
VirtualBox runs on most 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems
6 GB of RAM is recommended, 4 is the minimum
10 GB of Hard Drive space is recommended
Upon registering, you will receive the following materials:
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (70-461 Training Kit)
Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases (70-462 Training Kit)
Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (70-463 Training Kit)
Students should have a basic understanding of how to use a computer, in addition to basic networking skills. These skills can be learned in programs such as CompTIA A+ and Network+.
About The Instructor
Vincent DiFillipo is an experienced software industry professional and leader specialized in designing and delivering various technical business solutions. Vincent is highly proficient in architecting, presenting, documenting, implementing, and managing technology solutions and teams. His background is in programming, instructional design, and database courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I register for programs if I am an international student?
Yes, because ed2go programs are online you never have to actually travel to the school. Most schools offer telephone or online registration.
2. How long does it take to complete a program?
All of our programs are self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start them when you want and finish them at your own pace. Upon registering, you are given an initial twelve (12) months to complete the program. Should you need more time beyond the twelve (12) months, an extension of six (6) months is available with a fee of $325.
3. Do I have to buy additional materials?
No additional materials are required for this program.
4. Can I get financial assistance?
ed2go courses are non-credit courses, so they do not qualify for federal aid. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements.
5. What happens when I complete the program?
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
6. Am I guaranteed a job?
ed2go programs will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. We don’t provide direct job placement services, but our facilitators and career counselors will help you build your resume and are available to give advice on finding your first job. Facilitators will also be available to use as a professional reference upon completion of the program. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
7. Who will be my instructor?
Each student is paired with a facilitator for one-on-one interaction. The facilitator will be available (via e-mail) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our facilitators are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach.
8. What software or hardware do I need in order to take online programs and what are the system requirements?
In order to take our online programs, you must have access to a computer and the Internet. You can access the program contents from any Web-enabled computer. You don’t have to use the same computer to log-in to the program every time. We recommend that you have a word-processing program (Microsoft Word is best) and the latest version of Internet Explorer.
9. Can I use a Mac?
Yes, you can use a Mac for this program.
10. How can I get more information about this program?
11. When can I start the program?
Our programs are all open enrollment. You can register and start the program as soon as you are ready.
Please note: Once the program curriculum is accessed online or through submission of a material shipment confirmation, refunds cannot be issued.
12. Does this program lead to a certification?
Yes, this program prepares you to take the MCSA certification exams 70-461, 70-462, and 70-463, which qualify you for the MCSA: SQL Server 2012 Certification. Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive vouchers for these Microsoft exams.
Database Administrators - Employment & Education
Growth in this occupation will be driven by the increased data needs of companies in all sectors of the economy. Database administrators will be needed to organize and present data in a way that makes it easy for analysts and other stakeholders to understand.
|Job Outlook:||11% (Much faster than average)|
|Number of jobs, 2014:||120,000|
|Median pay (May 2016):||$84,950 per year|
|Source: July 20, 2017|