Mobile and Desktop Web Developer
Expand your career possibilities by learning Web Development in this online program. Build dynamic websites, and play a key role in increasing client-interaction for any company or business. Create your own websites and work with clients, or improve existing websites to increase their functionality and make them more complex or user-friendly.
Knowing both desktop and mobile development technologies will increase your job possibilities exponentially, especially with the increasing use of Smartphones and mobile devices.
Learn the latest in-demand technologies for developing websites for both mobile and desktop devices, and gain versatility as a professional web developer.
In this program, develop the following competencies in web development:
- Master basic HTML, the core technology behind almost all websites
- Learn CSS for designing pages
- Practice the fundamentals of PHP and SQL to create database-driven websites
- Study XML and Ajax to create websites that send and retrieve data efficiently
- Explore HTML5, the newest version of HTML
- Learn to write high-performing jQuery applications
- Develop an understanding of jQuery Mobile's capabilities, supported devices and support for accessibility
- Learn to develop websites for both mobile and desktop devices
Web Developers - Employment & Education
Employment of web developers is projected to grow as e-commerce continues to expand. Online purchasing is expected to grow faster than the overall retail industry. As retail firms expand their online offerings, demand for web developers will increase. An increase in the use of mobile devices to search the web will lead to increased employment of web developers.
|Job Outlook:||15% (Much faster than average)|
|Number of jobs, 2016:||162,900|
|Median pay (May 2017):||$67,990 per year|
|Source: November 13, 2018|