Financial Aid for Computer Training

Training funds are available from several sources to assist you in acquiring the financial resources to begin or continue your education in the IT industry.

While non-degree, non-credit programs are ineligible for traditional federally-subsidized financial aid, other options may be available to assist you in paying for your professional development and career training.

Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Programs: The goals of the WIA are to improve the quality of the workforce, enhance the nation’s productivity and competitiveness, and reduce welfare dependency.

Three categories of individuals are addressed in Title I of the WIA: Adults, Dislocated Workers, and Youth.

Adults: Any individuals over 18 years of age who may not fit the criteria for other categories.

Dislocated Workers:  Individuals who become unemployed and are eligible to receive Unemployment Compensation or have established an attachment to the labor market. Displaced homemakers are included in the Dislocated Worker category.

Youth: Individuals from 14 to 21 years of age who are low income and face one or more of the specified barriers. Youth who fall between the ages of 18 and 21 years may receive services as a youth or adult at the same time.

Individuals who are employed but need services to obtain or retain employment, which leads to self-sufficiency, as defined locally, may be eligible for assistance as an Adult or Dislocated Worker.

Additional information is available at

In support of regional economic development, Florida’s Agency for Workforce Innovation provides grants and assistance to individuals who seek to upgrade their skills and obtain jobs to become re-employed and economically self-sufficient. For information, visit the state web site to locate your regional service center.

Employer Support: Ask if your employer will reimburse some or all of the cost of your job-related training. We accept company’s purchase orders for employee training. Contract training is also an option for employers who desire onsite training for their employees.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA): Your military tuition assistance may pay for part or all of your technical certification. Contact your base education office for complete details.

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MYCAA) Program: You may be eligible for financial assistance under the MYCAA program. Visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal for information.

Fill out my online form.