Our program prepares students for these careers with resume reviews, portfolio development and valuable internship opportunities. Let us help you!
GIS Job Search
Helping you find a job is important to us. Here are a few resources that may help with your job search. Students and alumni are the first to hear about new job listings.
- UWF GIS Current Jobs Search
- The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse
- GIS Connection
- GIS Job Board
- Indeed.com is a job gold mine also known as a sweeper site. Lots of great opportunities listed here. Try searching for GIS or GIS Intern or a random location.
Internships are imperative to begin a career in GIS. See our Experiential Learning page for more details.
- Find Current GIS Internship Opportunities
- Check out our GIS Internship Student Spotlights
- Take a look at Past Student Internship Locations
GIS jobs range from part-time to full-time positions, and salary varies widely by location, discipline, and experience. Salary reports for the U.S. from multiple sources range between about $30,000 for an entry-level analyst to $80,000+ for GIS managers/supervisors. For a more in-depth look at GIS salaries, check out the following resources:
- GISJobs.com Salary Survey
- GeoChalkboard Salary Survey Results July 27, 2011
- Conduct a Salary Comparison at Salary.com
- indeed.com GIS job search: indeed.com is a "sweeper site."
GIS Career Resources
Finding a job in any industry is hard. Here are some additional resources that can help you be prepared for your GIS job search.
- Visit esri.com Careers in GIS: Find out more about how to become a part of a key emerging and evolving industry throughout the world.
- Building a Career in GIS : A GIS Lounge article describing steps to begin a career in GIS.
- AAG Career Guide: The American Association of Geographers offers a Career Guide for geographers. We recommend this site to recent geography graduates.
- How to Survive the Interview Process: This GIS Lounge article covers the basics of preparing for a GIS interview.
- GIS Lounge compiled GIS Job Descriptions
- GeoCommunity Careers: What Skills Does a GIS Analyst Require?
- URISA Model Job Descriptions: A guide intended for employers to use when creating GIS jobs and a resource for job seekers to use when searching for a job that fits their skill level and when creating their resume