Free Tutorials and Training
Online tutorials and training are great tools for those needing to perform a specific task, or use a particular tool. Online Certificate students at UWF may request to take select ESRI virtual campus courses free of charge.
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 Resource Center
- Adobe Illustrator CS4 Check out Adobe TV for helpful topics and videos to enhance your cartographic skills.
- We recommend new students complete the "Getting Started with GIS (for ArcGIS10.1,10.2)" free training web course offered by ESRI.com.
- GeoCommunity provides a wide variety of resources varying from videos to short tutorials – many lead to sites wanting you to sign up for courses that are not free of charge.
- Online GIS has access to ESRI virtual-campus software training courses. While these courses typically cost $40 -$150, UWF faculty, staff and students can be given access to many of these courses at no cost. Courses exist for beginning to advanced users and require access to ESRI software available on the remote desktop (for certificate students) and at the GeoData Center laboratory.
- GIS Stack Exchange provides a nice list of free tutorials and interesting course offerings on a wide range of topics and applications
- Canvas MOOC - "Introduction to Geospatial Technology Using QGIS"
- GeoAcademy offers a series of five GIS courses, all based on the US Department of Labor Geospatial Technology Competency Model (GTCM), that represents the essential curriculum needed to teach entry-level GIS Technician education. The courses provide both the background theory of geospatial science as well as the hands-on application using the QGIS ™ application software.
- QGIS Tutorials and Tips by Ujaval Gandhi
- QGIS Video tutorials (basic tasks) includes videos for basic QGIS functions like loading data, creating maps, etc.
GIS Online does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website. The inclusion of links or pointers to Web sites is not intended to assign importance to those sites or the information contained therein, nor is it intended to endorse or recommend any views expressed, or products or services offered on these sites.