Medical Office Manager
Medical Office Managers and Administrative Medical Assistants are versatile and valuable members of a healthcare team who handle a broad range of duties, including patient registration, scheduling, medical records, accounts receivable, data entry, compliance regulations, human resources and health information.
This in-depth program combines several courses, Microsoft Word 2016, Microsoft Excel 2016, Medical Terminology, Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA), Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS), and Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM), to give you the foundation and training needed to be a Medical Office Manager.
Upon completion of this program, you will be ready to take the Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM) exam, offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) national certification exams offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA). You will receive the study guide materials, access to practice exams, AAPC membership and a voucher for each exam.
Medical Office Manager (CPPM) (Vouchers Included)
Managing a physician’s office requires a wide range of skills. This program covers the competencies required including, effective patient flow, revenue cycle management, compliance regulations, human resources, health information and general business processes.
- Learn essential introductory and advanced Office skills in Microsoft Word and Excel 2016 programs and be prepared for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification exams 77-727 and 77-728 (Excel) and 77-725 and 77-726 (Word). Fees for these exams are not included in this program.
- Medical Terminology will give you a full understanding of word origins to their application. You’ll learn the correct terms and spelling for all of the body systems, major pathological conditions, disorders, treatments, medications and more.
- In Certified Medical Administrative Assist (CMAA), you will learn how to handle the increasing complexities of healthcare management and patient care in offices of physicians, offices of other providers, clinics, urgent care centers, ambulatory surgery centers, hospital departments and emergency rooms, home health agencies, assisted living facilities, educational institutions and group homes.
- You will get hands-on practice using real EHR software and learn the benefits these systems provide compared to traditional paper records and understand not only medical terms themselves, but also their application.
- Certified Physicians Practice Manager (CPPM) will cover the requirements of managing the revenue cycle, compliance regulations, human resources, health information and general business processes that make practice management a challenging yet rewarding profession.
After registration, you receive 18 months to complete the self-paced program.
Tuition: $3,995.00 Register Now
Administrative Services Managers - Employment & Education
Administrative tasks, including facility management and records and information management, will remain important in a wide range of industries.
|Job Outlook:||8% (As fast as average)|
|Number of jobs, 2014:||287,300|
|Median pay (May 2016):||$90,050 per year|
|Source: July 20, 2017|