Frequently Asked Questions

The following information answers the frequently asked questions about the Applied Behavior Analysis program at UWF.

Don't see an answer to your question? Email us at for more information!

  • How many classes do I take if I am interested in becoming a BCaBA?(This is the associate level certification that requires an undergraduate degree)
    • You would take courses 1-4.
  • How many classes do I take if I am interested in becoming a BCBA? (This is the masters level certification that requires a master's degree in a related field)
    • You would take courses 1-6.
  • Am I able to take more than one course at a time?
    • No. One course is offered at a time. Courses are in sequential order, and each course is 12 weeks in length.
    • As one course ends, the next one begins.
  • Where can I find the syllabus for each course?
  • What is the cost of each course?
  • Is there financial aid for this program?
    • If you are a non-degree seeking student, you are not eligible to receive financial aid.
    • If you are degree-seeking, then you are eligible to apply for funding.
    • If you have questions regarding military financial aid, please contact the UWF Military & Veterans Resource Center.
  • Since these classes are online, do I have to attend class each week?
    • There are weekly virtual interactive online class meetings that you may wish to attend live or watch via recording.
    • There is a specific time each day each week for the live interactive sessions.
    • Attendance is only mandatory for the first class meeting.
    • Each additional course provides the opportunity to earn extra credit for attending and actively participating.
  • What if I don't have a master's degree?
    • The University of West Florida offers an online MA Degree in Exceptional Student Education.
    • The MA degree is only 6 additional courses to the BCBA course sequence.
    • More information
  • What if I already have a qualifying master's degree? Can I still take these courses?
    • Yes! You would join our program as a non-degree seeking student.
  • How do I register for these courses?
  • What do I need to know if I am an international student?
    • Please contact the UWF International Student Office.
    • If English is not your native language or you did not earn your bachelors degree from an English-speaking country, then you will need to submit official TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores that meet the University minimum test score requirements to show that you are proficient in English.
    • More information
  • What is the policy for withdrawals?
  • What is the policy for refunds?
    • Please view the UWF refund policy
    • ABA courses are considered "E-Term" and dates do not follow the traditional academic calendar for A, B and C term courses.

Related Links: