Please use contact information listed in job posting for submitting resumes or for more information.
Behavior Intervention Services - Maryland Heights, MO
Behavior Line Therapist
The line therapist is a variable hour position, assisting and supporting children and adults with developmental disabilities in the client’s parental or guardian’s home (Natural Home). Line therapist are responsible, timely, professional and organized. Line therapists staff should have exceptional oral and written communication skills and a general knowledge of developmental disabilities.
Behavior Line Therapist implements Behavior Support Plans and ABA strategies with consumers to reduce behaviors of concern and teach consumers replacement behaviors.
- College coursework in general or special education, Psychology, Sociology or a related human services field.
- Experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders or other developmental disabilities.
- Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a clean background check with the Family Care Safety Registry, the Department of Health and Senior Services exclusions database and the Employee Disqualification List (EDL).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Working cell phone, internet access, an email account and general computer skills/knowledge.
- Reliable and transportation that is insured in the state of Missouri or Illinois.
- Valid proof of insurance and current driver’s license maintained in personnel file.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to transport client in own vehicle as required per client specifications.
- Must be able to complete the Registered Behavior Technician certification (course work and testing must be completed within a 90 day window from start to finish).
- Must be Mandt certified (agency offers courses or will accept Mandt certification from other organization).
- CPR/First Aid certification (agency offers courses or can be attained through other organizations).
- Medication Administration level 1 certification (only as necessary for client caseload)
REPORTS TO: Natural Home Support Manager; Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA); Board Certified assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA).
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Line therapist job requirements may include but are not limited to assisting in behavioral and personal care services to a specific learner that will enable him/her to reach his/her fullest potential and improve behavior, academic, social and functional skills.
- Assist with any activity of daily living as outlined in the client’s Behavior Support Plan or Individual Support Plan.
- Implement specific teaching strategies utilizing the principles of behavior analysis to focus on skill acquisition in all areas as well as the reduction of problematic and interfering behaviors.
- Provide safe and continuous support in the home or community by maintaining arm’s length/line of sight/awake and alert posture and provisions throughout any shift.
Job Description – Behavior Line Therapist
- Provide recreation and leisure activities, teach functional communication, implement approved behavior plans, and achieve increased independence, productivity, and inclusion in the community.
- Provide extensions of other forms of therapy and taught and deemed appropriate by the Behavior Analyst and/or direct supervisor of the team.
- Ability to understand and implement a variety of Behavior Support Plans per each client’s outcomes and goals.
- Ability to complete data on a daily basis and in line with the expectations of the team, ensure proper completion of time sheets, therapist checklists, and communication logs as outlined per client team.
- Ability to push, pull, lift up to 75 lbs. and stand unaided for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to attend, assist and engage during monthly, quarterly, etc. team meetings.
- Ability to transport clients in personal vehicle each shift as deemed appropriate to the BSP/ISP goals.
- General upkeep and cleanliness of the home/facility.
Overtime (reported hours of over 40 within a defined work week) is not authorized for any non-exempt position without prior approval from the Executive Director. Unauthorized OT will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Apply online at www.bis-stl.com/jobs or call 314-395-9375 for more information.