The Department of Health Sciences and Administration (HSA) formed in August 2016 and sits in the College of Health (COH). It is the home of the undergraduate, online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) program, the Master's of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program, and the Health Informatics Certificate.
The mission of the Department of Health Sciences and Administration is to develop professionals who are empowered to promote the health of the populations they serve. In support of the University mission, the faculty are committed to: enhancing access, transmission, application, and discovery of knowledge; and preparing students to respond to the health needs of their community.
To be recognized as a department of excellence by health professionals, locally, regionally and nationally for community engagement, education and research.
Values/Code of Ethics
The faculty of the Department of Health Sciences and Administration have embraced values to maintain the student-centered, benevolent spirit of the department. These values reflect the values of UWF. We are committed to:
- CARING: We provide a learning environment that encourages the development of individual potential for future health professionals.
- COLLABORATION: We work together to promote a culture of supportive and cooperative interactions and communication to advance and achieve shared expectations and goals.
- INCLUSIVENESS: We welcome, respect, and celebrate the ways in which people and their ideas are different and the ways in which they are similar. We are committed to offering enhanced access for students.
- INTEGRITY: We believe in doing the right things for the right reasons. We conduct ourselves with competency, respect, accountability, and transparency.
- QUALITY: We believe that excellence in education leads to excellence in the practice of the health professions. We are committed to continuous improvement and alignment to national standards for excellence. We are dedicated to uncompromising excellence by matching talents to tasks.