Upon completion of the Business Analytics Certificate, the student will be able to do the following:
- Describe the role of analytics as a data-driven decision support toolbox for managers in various business environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge by communicating to management the appropriate types of data mining to apply in a business scenario given the data set and organizational context.
- Relate business analytics to specific managerial decision-making scenarios.
- Analyze the broader organizational and socio-economic impacts of following the recommended course of action-based on the analytical modeling process.
- Compile and present effective arguments to support recommendations derived from analytical models.
- Describe the importance of data integrity and data privacy in creating and managing data mining programs.
- Plan a research study related to a given industry, collect relevant data, and submit a report of findings and recommendations.
Candidates are expected to have completed the equivalent of one of the following UWF courses:
|QMB 6305||Quantitative Methods for Business|
Please visit the UWF Graduate Catalog for course descriptions.
|ISM 5404||Business Intelligence Applications||3.0 Semester Hours|
|ISM 5208||Business Data Management||3.0 Semester Hours|
|ISM 6136||Big Data Mining: A Managerial Perspective||3.0 Semester Hours|
|ISM 6137||Business Analytics||3.0 Semester Hours|
|Total Hours||12.0 Semester Hours|
- The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is available online.
- The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is not available to students pursuing the MBA with the Business Analytics emphasis.
- Candidates pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics are required to complete all Certificate courses with a grade of "C" or better, and maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Normally, transfer courses cannot be used to satisfy requirements for completion of graduate certificates in the College of Business.
- The University’s six-year policy on “Time to Degree: Master’s” applies to completion of coursework for graduate certificates in the College of Business.
Accredited by AACSB International
We are accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Fewer than 4.7% of business schools worldwide have earned this symbol of the highest standard in management education.