This certificate program is designed to enable students to earn additional credentials within the requirements of their current degree programs. The Certificate in Marketing Technology was developed in answer to the high demand of persons skilled in the basic techniques of e-commerce.
The Certificate in Marketing Technology requires the completion of three courses with a minimum grade of "C" or better in each. The courses are as follows:
- MAR 3023 - Marketing Fundamentals: Function of marketing in our economic system; role of the consumer in marketing decisions; the decisions marketing managers must make to provide goods and services priced, promoted and distributed to meet organizational objectives in changing environments.
- MAR 4721 - Internet Marketing Principles: Examines the principles of Internet Marketing in the context of an integrated marketing program. Internet marketing strategies and tactics will be examined in order to implement business operations on the Internet.
- MAR 4728 - High Tech Marketing Strategy: Emphasizes issues associated with marketing high-technology products in an environment of rapid technology change and ever increasing market demands, and focuses on the strategic decisions related to the development, pricing, distribution, and promotion of technology-based products.
The Certificate in Marketing Technology also requires the completion of one of the following courses with a minimum grade of "C" or better. The courses are as follows:
- MAR 3202 - Supply Chain Logistics Management: Presents the fundamental elements of integrated supply chain and logistics management. It examines the strategic and operational decisions necessary to plan, implement, and control the procurement, storage , management, and distribution of materials, components, and finished goods.
- MAR 3370 - Information Sources for Business Decisions: Focuses on various secondary information sources that may be used for business decisions. Emphasis is placed on learning the types of online information services and knowledge of when to use which service.
- MAR 3860 - Customer Relationship Management: Describes a customer-focused management paradigm to update the brand/product paradigm that has held sway since the industrial revolution.
Accredited by AACSB International
We are accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Fewer than 4.7% of business schools worldwide have earned this symbol of the highest standard in management education.
For additional information about the Economics undergraduate degree, or to schedule an appointment to speak to an advisor in the Department of Marketing and Economics, please feel free to contact us by email (email@example.com), or by phone (850-474-2652). To be better prepared to speak with the advisor, please print out and review the degree plan in which you are interested in pursuing.
Tour Our Campus!
What better place to launch your personal business plan than a place in the Florida sun? We invite you to visit the campus and judge for yourself. Guided campus tours are available on demand and leave from the Visitor's Center.Visit UWF
At UWF, we realize that each student has individual aspirations. That's why we offer a unique educational experience that paves the way for you to impact the world through an exciting career. Ready to start your journey?Apply Now