2017 Conference Highlights
On March 3, 2017, the UWF College of Business Executive Mentor Program convened its forth Women in Leadership - Designing Your Future conference. About 400 students, faculty and community leaders attended. Following are highlights of the conference.
Opening Session: "Propelling Women’s Careers: A Developmental Network Approach"
Presented by Dr. Wendy Murphy, Associate Professor of Management, Babson College
Panel Discussion "Random Thoughts from Insanely Successful Women"
Moderator: Sue Straughn, News Anchor/Senior Editor, WEAR-TV
- Dr. Kim LeDuff, Dean & Associate Vice Provost, University College, University of West Florida
- Mary Hoxeng, Owner & General Manager, Cat Country 98.7 FM/NewsRadio 92.3 FM/NewsRadio1620 AM
- Christy Manderson, Vice President of Sales, Highpointe Hotel Corporation
- Amy Miller, Port Director, Port of Pensacola
Panel Discussion "Investing In Your Future & Owning Your Destiny"
Moderator: Christina Doss, Managing Director, Saltmarsh Financial Advisors
- Allison Hill, Chief Executive Officer, Lakeview Center Inc. and Senior Vice President, Baptist Health Care
- Xia Liu, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Gulf Power Company
- Cecilia Nanni, Vice President, Wealth Advisor, Regions Private Wealth Management
- Kristine Rushing, Chief Operating Officer, Risk Consultant, Beck Partners
Closing Session: "You, Them, Us…Leadership in Practice"
Presented by Bentina Terry, Vice President, Customer Service and Sales, Gulf Power Company
A collection of photos of speakers, panel discussions, and attendees at the 2017 Women in Leadership Conference.
Recommended Reading Book List
- "The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are" by Brene Brown
- "The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy" by Jon Gordon
- "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie
- "Lean In...Women, Work and the Will to Lead" by Sheryl Sandberg
- "The Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law" by Norm Goldstein
- "Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life" by Dr. Spencer Johnson
- "The Investment Answer" by Daniel C. Goldie & Gordon S. Murray
- "Failing Forward" by John Maxwell
- "John Maxwell's 5 Levels of Leadership" by John Maxwell
- "The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy" by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko
- "Outliers: The Story of Success" by Malcolm Gladwell