2015 Conference Highlights
On February 13, 2015, the UWF College of Business Executive Mentor Program convened its second Women in Leadership - Designing Your Future conference. Over 400 students, faculty and community leaders attended. Following are highlights of the conference.
Women in Leadership Conference - 2015 Opening Session
Presented by Dr. Martha Saunders, Provost and Executive Vice President - University of West Florida
Panel Discussion "Building and Protecting your Personal Brand"
Moderator: Denise McLeod, Vice President and COO, Landrum Human Resources
- Jennifer Grove, Community Development Manager, Gulf Power Company
- Andrea Krieger, President and CEO, United Way of Escambia County
- Kia Painter-Holland, Vice President of Human Resources, Cox Communications
- Michelle Scaglione, PHR, Assistant Vice President, Human Resources, Navy Federal Credit Union
Panel Discussion "Willing to Lead"
Moderator: Pam Bilbrey, President, Bilbrey and Associates
- Brian Baumgardner, President and CEO, West Florida Healthcare
- Susan Davis, President and CEO, Sacred Heart Health System
- Allison Hill, Chief Operating Officer, Lakeview Center Inc.
- Captain Maureen O'Hara Padden, Commanding Officer, Naval Hospital Pensacola
Closing Session: "Make It Worth It: Find & Do What You Love"
Presented by Debbie Ritchie, Chief Operating Officer, Studer Group
A collection of photos of speakers, panel discussions and attendees at the 2015 Women in Leadership Conference.
Recommended Reading Book List
- “The Fred Factor” by Mark Sanborn
- “The Servant” by James C. Hunter
- “5: Where Will You Be Five Years From Today?” by Dan Zadra
- “The Power of a Praying Woman” by Stormie Omartian
- “Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence” by Sarah Young
- “Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High” by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler and Laura Roppe
- “One Minute Manager” by Kenneth Blanchard
- “Writing that Works” by Walter E. Oliu and Charles T. Brusaw
- “21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership” by John Maxwell
- “Be Yourself-Everyone Else is Already Taken-Author” by Mike Robbins
- “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking” by Susan Cain
- “Being the Boss: The 3 Imperatives for Becoming a Great Leader” by Linda A Hill and Kent Lineback
- “American Icon” by Bryce Hoffman
- “True North” by Bill George
- "Appreciative Inquiry" Books
- “The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential” by John Maxwell
- “Hardball for Women: Winning at the Game of Business” by Pat Heim
- "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
- "A Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin