2015 Conference Highlights
On February 13, 2015, the UWF College of Business Executive Mentor Program convened its second Women in Leadership - Designing Your Future conference. Over 400 students, faculty and community leaders attended. Following are highlights of the conference.
Presented by Dr. Martha Saunders, Provost and Executive Vice President, University of West Florida
Panel Discussion "Building and Protecting your Personal Brand"
Moderator: Denise McLeod, Vice President and COO, Landrum Human Resources
- Jennifer Grove, Community Development Manager, Gulf Power Company
- Andrea Krieger, President and CEO, United Way of Escambia County
- Kia Painter-Holland, Vice President of Human Resources, Cox Communications
- Michelle Scaglione, PHR, Assistant Vice President, Human Resources, Navy Federal Credit Union
Panel Discussion "Willing to Lead"
Moderator: Pam Bilbrey, President, Bilbrey and Associates
- Brian Baumgardner, President and CEO, West Florida Healthcare
- Susan Davis, President and CEO, Sacred Heart Health System
- Allison Hill, Chief Operating Officer, Lakeview Center Inc.
- Captain Maureen O'Hara Padden, Commanding Officer, Naval Hospital Pensacola
Closing Session: "Make It Worth It: Find & Do What You Love"
Presented by Debbie Ritchie, Chief Operating Officer, Studer Group
A collection of photos of speakers, panel discussions and attendees at the 2015 Women in Leadership Conference.
Recommended Reading Book List
- “The Fred Factor” by Mark Sanborn
- “The Servant” by James C. Hunter
- “5: Where Will You Be Five Years From Today?” by Dan Zadra
- “The Power of a Praying Woman” by Stormie Omartian
- “Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence” by Sarah Young
- “Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High” by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler and Laura Roppe
- “One Minute Manager” by Kenneth Blanchard
- “Writing that Works” by Walter E. Oliu and Charles T. Brusaw
- “21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership” by John Maxwell
- “Be Yourself-Everyone Else is Already Taken-Author” by Mike Robbins
- “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking” by Susan Cain
- “Being the Boss: The 3 Imperatives for Becoming a Great Leader” by Linda A Hill and Kent Lineback
- “American Icon” by Bryce Hoffman
- “True North” by Bill George
- "Appreciative Inquiry" Books
- “The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential” by John Maxwell
- “Hardball for Women: Winning at the Game of Business” by Pat Heim
- "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
- "A Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin