2014 Conference Highlights
On February 7, 2014, the UWF College of Business Executive Mentor Program convened its first Women in Leadership - Designing Your Future conference. About 400 students, faculty and community leaders attended. Following are highlights of the conference.
Women in Leadership Conference - 2014 Opening Session
Presented by Dr. Judy Bense, President - University of West Florida
Women in Leadership Conference - 2014 Panel Discussion "Communication Skill: A Pathway to Career Success"
Moderator: Julie Sheppard, General Counsel, Institute for Human & Machine Cognition
- Pam Childers, Clerk of the Court & Comptroller, Escambia County
- Dr. Martha Saunders, Provost, University of West Florida
- Holly Smith, President, H2 Consulting
- Debbie Ritchie, Chief Operating Officer, Studer Group
- Bentina Terry, VP External Affairs & Corporate Services, Gulf Power
Women in Leadership Conference - 2014 Panel Discussion "Emotional Intelligence: A Core Competency for Great Leadership"
Moderator: Evon Emerson, retired CEO, Greater Pensacola Chamber
- Kathy Anthony, Vice President, IMS ExpertServices and Chair, Vistage Florida
- Debbie Calder, Sr. Vice President, Navy Federal Credit Union
- Carol Carlan, President, Sacred Heart Foundation
- Susan O'Connor, Fanchise Owner, McDonalds
Presented by Pam Bilbrey, President, Bilbrey and Associates
A collection of photos of speakers, panel discussions and attendees at the 2014 Women in Leadership Conference.
Recommended Reading Book List
- "Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln: 21 Powerful Secrets of History's Greatest Speakers", by James Hume
- "Leading Change", by John P. Kotter
- "Hardwiring Excellence", by Quint Studer
- "The Secret Handshake", by Kathleen Reardon
- "How Will You Measure Your Life?", by Clayton M. Christensen
- "Purpose Driven Life", by Rick Warren
- "The Strengths Finder", by Tom Rath
- "The Road Less Traveled", by M. Scott Perry
- "Why", by Simon Sinek
- "Primal Leadership", by Daniel Goleman
- "Lean In", by Sheryl Sandberg
- "Leaders Eat Last", by Simon Sinek
- "The Customer Comes Second", by Hal Rosenbluthe