Requesting a Mentor
UWF enjoys the advantage of being in a strong business community, which provides for a vast network of accomplished, remarkable mentors. Being a UWF student mentee is an opportunity to experience, understand and learn from an executive mentor's professional experience, knowledge and skills. This one-on-one mentor relationship allows each mentee to receive individual attention and guidance related to career aspirations, professional development and networking needs.
Benefits of Having a Mentor
- Clarify career goals
- Become ready for the workforce
- Increase business connections
- Heighten professional development
- Improve networking skills
- Enhance opportunities for future internships, jobs and career success
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a full-time student in the College of Business
- Open to Junior, Senior and Graduate students. Due to the goals and objectives of the program, candidates should be 12 months or more from their anticipated graduation date
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA preferred
- All students must complete an Executive Mentor Program application
The selection process for this competitive program includes an application and interview. Campus and community service, prior academic and leadership experience, willingness to be an active and engaged participant, and ability to maintain academic goals are also weighed as important considerations.
- Participants must attend an Executive Mentor Program Orientation
- Students drive the mentor-mentee relationship and must take an active role in contacting their mentor and planning/coordinating meeting times
- Students must commit to meeting monthly at the mentor's workplace or other business venue
Apply to Request an Executive Mentor (PDF)
Please pick-up application (76A,224)/or download the application and either:
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Turn it into the department in the College of Business Education Center Building 76A, Lobby Area 224
If you are a business executive and would like to become a mentor, please visit Becoming a Mentor.
Please Note: The list of Current Mentors represents professionals already mentoring UWF students. They are not available to mentor additional students at this time.