What is AXIS?
The Academic Excellence in Instructional Strategies (AXIS) office will support faculty efforts related to the design, development, and implementation of quality instructional materials, enhancing learning experiences for students throughout the College of Education and Professional Studies (CEPS).
AXIS will provide a wide range of services, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring instructional materials are fully accessible
- Applying Quality Matters standards to the design of online and hybrid courses
- Preparing online and hybrid courses for Quality Matters Certification
- Facilitating a smooth transition to Canvas
AXIS staff will work closely with faculty, assessing current instructional materials and strategies, providing coaching and expert advice regarding course improvements and available instructional technologies, and assisting with the design, development, and implementation of the related instructional materials.
The services provided by AXIS are in alignment with the 2017-2022 proposed UWF Strategic Plan, Strategic Direction 1-3:
- Strategic Direction #1: Learner Centered and Focused
- Strategic Direction #2: Personnel Investment and Engagement
- Strategic Direction #3: Academic Programming, Scholarship, and Research