The School of Education offers 15 semester hours of online graduate coursework approved by the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) for the Florida Reading Endorsement. Upon completion of the coursework, one may apply to the FDOE to have the endorsement added to a current teaching certificate.
Reading Endorsement Coursework
Reading Endorsement coursework may be applied to the Curriculum & Instruction, M.Ed., or the Reading Education, M.Ed. Alternatively, Reading Endorsement coursework may be completed in a non-degree status (non-degree application).
The courses must be completed sequentially, beginning in the Fall semester. All coursework is online, but fieldwork is required.
- RED 6116 Foundations of Early Literacy – Fall B, Competency 1
- RED 6060 Foundations of Middle and Secondary Literacy – Fall C, Competency 2
- RED 5515 Classroom Reading Assessments – Spring B, Competency 3
- RED 6240 Differentiating Instruction – Spring C, Competency 4
- RED 6866 Practicum in the Clinical Teaching of Reading – Summer B, Competency 5
For more information, contact the Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership Graduate Advising Office: