Master's Application Procedures
Please review the following graduate program admission procedures carefully. Should you have any questions, contact the Graduate Advising Office at (850) 474-2870.
*Note: the master’s degree programs in Educational Leadership Certification and Curriculum & Instruction/Reading Instruction have special extended application deadlines.
Step 1: Preparation
- Review admission requirements
- Review the UWF Graduate School admission process
- Note the deadlines for application submission
- Contact the TEEL Graduate Advising Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
Step 2: Application
- Complete the UWF Graduate School online application
- NOTE: International students must complete the International Student Graduate Application
- Pay the application fee online or by mail
Step 3: Transcripts
- Arrange to have one official copy of all college transcripts sent directly to The University of West Florida, Graduate School, Attention: Graduate Admissions, 11000 University Parkway, Building 11, Pensacola, FL 32514-5750
- Transcripts for work completed at UWF will be obtained by the Office of Admissions
Step 4: Exam
- Applicants with a bachelor's GPA below 3.0 should register to take the GRE General Test or MAT and have official scores sent to UWF OR have official scores from a previously taken but current (within five years) GRE or MAT forwarded by the testing agency to The University of West Florida, Graduate School, Attention: Graduate Admissions, 11000 University Parkway, Building 11, Pensacola, FL 32514-5750
- Find Information about GRE preparation courses and resources on Reviews.com GRE Prep Courses page.
Step 5: Advising and Registration
- Upon admission, you will receive official notification from the university and the Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership, which will include contact information for your faculty mentor
- Contact TEEL Graduate Advising (email@example.com) to develop your degree plan and receive advising
- Sign and return your degree plan
- Activate your MyUWF Account
- Register for courses via MyUWF
Step 6: Tk20 and Disposition Assessments
- By the fifth week of the first semester of graduate studies, the following must be completed:
- Purchase of a subscription to the Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership's assessment system, Tk20. The Tk20 Support page offers helpful information on how to do this.
- Completion the Professional Education Applicant Disposition Self-rating Scale within Tk20
- Completion of the Professional Education Applicant Disposition Scale by those individuals you identified as professional references (the Graduate Advising Office will contact those individuals with instructions)