Courses designed for current professionals or individuals interested in Geographic Information Science.
Introduction and What's New in ArcGIS 10.5 Training Course
This 6-week online training course begins by explaining the basics of GIS and related software packages before moving to ArcGIS 10.5 software-specific training. Upon completion of this course, students earn 9.6 Continuing Education Credits (CEU's) and 2.4 EDU-2 Total Course Points towards your GISP (see GISCI.org). There are 96 total hours of instruction/course materials covered in a 6-week time frame.
- Creating a professional map - (symbology, labels, and layouts)
- Data preparation - (online data search, dealing with tricky file types or conversions, imagery, etc.)
- Geodatabase Management
- Basic Analysis Techniques - (Model Builder, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, to name a few)
- Special Topics - (Geocoding, GPS to GIS, Routes, basic Web Mapping tools, and more)
Coursework is totally online and students will be using their own computers with trial version software downloaded from the manufacturer’s website (ESRI). In order for students to be successful in this course, they must meet the following requirements:
- Pay the Tuition.
- Obtain the required textbook.
- The GIS 20: Essential Skills, 2nd Edition , ESRI Press 2010 ISBN: 9781589482562 - a trial license for the software is included with the text.
- Have internet access.
- 56K minimum connection; broadband (256 kbps or higher) connection recommended
- Have access to an e-mail account.
- Be fairly knowledgeable about computers and the internet.
- Have a computer or laptop capable of running ArcGIS 10.2 trial version software, meeting the following minimum requirements:
- P500+ Processor, 128MB of RAM
- Minimum screen resolution 800x600
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher; Firefox 3.0 or higher; Chrome 3.0 or higher; Safari 4.0 or higher.
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or higher
- Soundcard with speakers or headphones strongly recommended