SCLA Student Organization
Interested in supply chain management? Reach out to connect with students with similar interests.
Supply Chain Logistics Association
The Supply Chain Logistics Association (SCLA) is a professional organization designed to give our members interaction with industry professionals. Our motto in SCLA is "Link with Industry, Launch Your Career" and that is exactly what we strive to do for our members every semester with the help of our Faculty adviser Dr. Ralston, and logistics professors Dr. LeMay and Dr. Keller.
Each semester we take our members on tour of local facilities that require logistics and supply chain management everyday including Ascend Performance Materials, Gulf Power, Hyundai manufacturing plant, Family Dollar Distribution Center, both the Ports in Pensacola and Mobile, Lewis Bear Company distribution center, and others.
We help our members build their resumes and connect them with recruiters from companies around the United States.
For those who are still in search of what you want to do after you graduate or even just looking at all the job opportunities that will open up in the next few years of your lives, join SCLA. This is your opportunity to learn and be a part of how all the products in your life start in a manufacturing process and arrive to the consumer.
You might wonder what are some of the other benefits of attending the meeting and potentially joining the association. Here are a few:
1. Placement for our program's graduates is steady with nearly 100% placement for graduates wanting to enter the field of supply chain management and logistics.
2. Industry reports show that about half of the U.S. companies plan to hire supply chain people within the year. Other reports show that there are many more job opportunities in supply chain logistics than there are graduates.
3. We have some major industry partners that annually have been hiring many of our students, including Crane Worldwide Logistics, Avalex Technologies, AAA Cooper, Ascend Performance Materials, C.H. Robinson, J.B. Hunt Transport, and R+L Carriers.
4. Our logistics courses at UWF are some of the highest enrolled classes within the College of Business. That means that students are very interested in the classes and in the field as a career opportunity.
5. Our student teams have consistently placed in national-level logistics competitions. We compete against some of the top Supply Chain Logistics programs across North America.
If you have any questions feel free to email us at email@example.com.