Cybersecurity Innovation Alliance
Powered by the Center for Cybersecurity at UWF
Who We Are
A consortium of industry, academia, and government converging to solve Cybersecurity workforce development needs and develop the future of Cybersecurity. The consortium is led by the Center for Cybersecurity at the University of West Florida in partnership with industry, academic and government partners.
To propel advances and innovation in cybersecurity through academic, industry and government collaborations.
The broader goals of the Cybersecurity Innovation Alliance and Center are to:
- Develop cutting-edge, collaborative solutions to current and future cybersecurity challenges
- Enhance cybersecurity resiliency of organizations through collaborative solutions and shared resources
- Create sustainable and scalable workforce development models to fill the critical shortage of cybersecurity professionals nationally and globally
- Foster partnerships among educational institutions and employers to create pathways from high schools through post-secondary to employment
- Drive curricular innovation in cybersecurity K12 and higher education in partnership with industry and government
- Facilitate reskilling and upskilling of the existing workforce for high-demand skills in cyber-related occupations
- Develop agile platforms to support research, development and evaluation of innovative cybersecurity solutions
- Enhance cybersecurity awareness (cyber safety, cyber hygiene) in our communities and interest in cybersecurity careers among youth
- Enhance diversity in the cybersecurity profession
Events and Initiatives
The University of West Florida is the NSA/DHS CAE Regional Resource Center for the Southeast U.S.
The University of West Florida is the NSA/DHS National Center of Academic Excellence Regional Resource Center for the Southeast. In this capacity, UWF provides leadership to advance cyber defense education among colleges and universities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico and South Carolina. UWF also provides support to all currently designated CAE institutions and new institutions seeking CAE designation.
CyberUSA is a collaboration of states focused on a common mission purpose of enabling innovation, education, workforce development, enhanced cyber readiness and resilience - all while connecting the cyber ecosystem of the United States and its Allies. This non-profit “community of communities” is governed by its members, established to enhance information sharing between states and improve cyber resilience at all levels of participation - local, regional and national.
Recently, (ISC)² has partnered With CyberUSA to advance cyber education and certification across U.S. (ISC)² recently took part in the CyberUSA 2019 conference in College Park, MD, where John McCumber, director of cybersecurity advocacy, North America, for (ISC)² delivered a presentation outlining the findings of the (ISC)² 2018 Cybersecurity Workforce Study, which found that the industry is lacking 2.93 million qualified professionals globally. North America alone accounts for nearly one half million of this shortage.
Inaugural WiCyS (Women in Cybersecurity) Florida Affiliate Meeting, 3-5 p.m., May 10
The WiCyS Florida Affiliate will hold its kick-off meeting on May 10 to network among members and brainstorm plans for the coming year. The meeting will be hosted by the UWF Center for Cybersecurity at its new downtown location, 220 West Garden Street in Pensacola.
NSA/NSF GenCyber Teachers Camp, June 10-14
Hosted during the week of June 10, the Guiding Cyber Mentors camp will recruit teachers from grades 1-12 to prepare them with cybersecurity knowledge, skills and training to help them incorporate cybersecurity into their courses.
Small and Medium Business Cybersecurity Index by AppRiver
The AppRiver Cyberthreat Index for Business was developed by independent firms Idea Loft and Equation Research, in consultation with the Center for Cybersecurity at the University of West Florida, using survey data collected online.
For additional information or to get involved, please contact: