Development of Future Scholars and Leaders
CAP is committed to the growth of students into future scholars and leaders through experiential learning.
Our Commitment to Scholars
CAP is committed to the growth of students into future scholars and leaders through experiential learning. Under the guidance of faculty and research professionals affiliated with the center, students practice the professional skills they need to become contributing members of their professions and communities. We encourage professional development through active participation in research, internship and service learning opportunities, and center-sponsored lectures and workshops.
- CAP involves faculty and staff at multiple career stages and in various job roles (e.g., all faculty levels, a postdoctoral researcher, graduate students, undergraduate students, and volunteers). In this respect, students and junior colleagues are socialized to career options through role modeling and are encouraged to ask questions that will assist them in making their next career move.
- CAP provides on-the-job training for strong graduate students via graduate research assistantships and sometimes “in-house” internships
- Our skilled graduate students frequently seek internships in applied settings, often drawing from CAP’s business partners
- Opportunities for Students
- Paid graduate students are typically hired as part of their application package to our graduate program and may inquire with Dr. Morganson (firstname.lastname@example.org) about involvement. Students who have obtained lower than a B average or have failed a major assignment are not eligible for involvement as a paid opportunity.
- Undergraduate students may inquire using this form. Depending upon projects and resources, involvement may be on a volunteer, for-credit, or pay basis.