Graduation and General Degree
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
The A.A. degree is available to students who have:
- Satisfied the requirements of UWF?s General Studies requirements;
- Completed at least 60 semester hours of course work;
- Completed at least 30 semester hours of those 60 semester hours in residence
at UWF. Eighteen semester hours of the 30 semester hours in residence must be
taken from the list of UWF General Studies courses (contact the University
Advising Center for details);
- Fulfilled the requirements of the Gordon Rule;
- Satisfied the CLAST requirement;
- A UWF cumulative GPA of at least 2.0;
- Completed the admissions foreign language requirement; and
- Students must enroll as a degree-seeking student for a minimum of one
semester at UWF within the last five years of the date the degree is awarded.
Students should contact the University Advising Center to determine the minimum
of hours and courses in which to enroll. Students who need to be readmitted will
be required to meet the degree requirements of the current Catalog.
Students who meet these requirements do not automatically receive the A.A.
degree. Students must apply for the degree in the University Advising Center
(see Academic Calendar for submission deadlines). The A.A. degree will not be
awarded in the same semester that the baccalaureate degree is awarded or in any
semester following the completion of the baccalaureate degree.