UWF Logo
Catalog 2007-2008
   Catalog Cover
Catalog Home

Academic Misconduct
Academic Standing
Appeal and Waiver Policies
Certificate Programs
Choice of Catalog
Class Attendance
College Level Academic
  Skills Test (CLAST)

Common Program

Foreign Language

General Studies

Grading System
Honor Rolls
Multicultural Requirement
Nontraditional Credit
Recency of Credit
Residency Requirement
Summer Semester
Transfer Credit
Upper-Division Status
Writing and Mathematics
  Requirements (Gordon

Academic Policies

Undergraduate students (including lower-division students) must complete a ?Major/Minor Change Request? form to enter a different major or second undergraduate degree program. Program approval is determined by the appropriate department chairperson. Students who change majors have a choice of meeting the major degree requirements of the Catalog in effect at the time of change of major or at graduation. Students should be aware of admission requirements for limited access programs. Students on probation and students returning from suspension may apply for a change of major. However, approval of the change of major is granted by the chairperson of the prospective department. Students should contact the chairperson for guidance.

Graduate students desiring new programs must complete new applications for graduate admissions. Contact the Office of Admissions for further information.

Faculty in individual specialization areas review, approve, or deny admission of students who apply to a selected area. A student is admitted into the Ed.D. program when a specialization area admits a student into the specialization. Students admitted and enrolled in course work in the Ed.D. program, choosing to change their specialization area, must reapply for admission to the Ed.D. program through the Office of Admissions. Students must complete requirements in effect at the time of admission.

Once a student is granted undergraduate degree-seeking status, change to non-degree status is not permitted until the baccalaureate degree is earned.

To graduate with a dual major, students must declare a major in each department and/or college and be assigned an advisor in each discipline. Upon departmental acceptance, students must complete a ?Dual Major? form available in the Office of the Registrar. When a dual major is requested, the Catalog year for both majors will be the current Catalog year. A dual major does not require a minimum number of hours beyond those necessary for completing each degree requirement. Requirements for both majors must be completed prior to the degree being awarded. After successful completion of all requirements for both majors, students will be awarded one degree (B.A. or B.S.) with both majors listed on the transcript. Students should contact the Office of the Registrar for eligible dual listed degree programs or for additional information.

  Catalog | 11000 University Pkwy. | Pensacola, FL 32514 | (850) 474-2000 | Text Only | UWF Home